Articles by Netflix
- Pre-Market NASDAQ Movers (MPEL, AMRN, DRYS, MU, NFLX, DNDN, SODA, GMCR, GOLD, GLBL)
November 28 2011 8:34 AM
The top pre-market NASDAQ stock market gainers are: Melco Crown Entertainment, Amarin, DryShips, Micron Technology, Netflix, Dendreon, SodaStream International, and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. The top pre-market NASDAQ stock market losers are: Randgold Resources, and Global Industries.
- Amazon: Best Black Friday Ever for Kindle Family, Kindle Fire Bestselling Product for 8 Weeks Running
November 28 2011 8:09 AM
Amazon Inc. has announced that this Black Friday was the best ever for the Kindle family, as the Kindle Fire remained the bestselling product since its introduction 8 weeks ago.
- Netflix Estimates Revised at Jefferies
November 28 2011 2:56 AM
Jefferies revised its estimates for Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) due to revised guidance and capital raise. The brokerage lowered its price target on shares of Netflix to $75 from $90, while maintaining its hold rating.
- Stocks Suffers Worst Week in 2 Months on Europe Woes
November 25 2011 2:00 PM
Stocks posted seven straight sessions of losses on Friday, ending the worst week in two months, as the lack of a credible solution to Europe's debt crisis kept investors away from risky assets.
- Disney offers movie rentals on YouTube
November 24 2011 7:03 PM
From Alice in Wonderland to Cars, hundreds of Disney movies are now available for rent on YouTube, the Google-owned site announced on Wednesday.
- Antitrust Lawsuit Against Netflix, Walmart Dismissed
November 24 2011 6:54 PM
A multi-million-dollar class action lawsuit against Netflix and Walmart that alleged the two companies had conspired to carve up the DVD rental and sales market between them has been dismissed.
- U.S. Judge Sides with Netflix in Antitrust Lawsuit
November 23 2011 9:27 AM
A U.S. judge granted Netflix's bid to resolve all claims in its favor before trial in an antitrust class action, in which plaintiffs had sought hundreds of millions of dollars in damages.
- Pre-Market NASDAQ Movers (YHOO, ASML, BEXP, FSLR, DMND, RMBS, NFLX, GRPN, CEDC, MU)
November 23 2011 8:32 AM
The top pre-market NASDAQ Stock Market gainers are: Yahoo, ASML Holding, Brigham Exploration, and First Solar. The top pre-market NASDAQ Stock Market losers are: Diamond Foods, Rambus, Netflix, Groupon, Central European Distribution, and Micron Technology.
- Netflix Shares Hits 52-Week Low as Wheels Come Off Web 3.0 Party Wagon
November 22 2011 3:10 PM
The collapse in Netflix's valuation is part of a wider wave of grievous losses being felt by shares of companies focused on virtual commerce. After riding a surge of investor enthusiasm to valuation peaks in mid-summer,companies like Netflix and Travelzoo had nowhere to go but down. Short-sellers, chomping at the bit to make bets against the stocks' heady fundamentals, are not exactly helping.
- Netflix Shares Hurt by Bleak 2012 Outlook
November 22 2011 2:07 PM
Netflix Inc's shares dropped as much as 7 percent on Tuesday after it warned of a loss for 2012, a move the prompted several Wall Street analysts to cut their price targets for the online video and DVD rental company.
- Netflix's Financing Prompted by Deteriorating Performance, Liquidity: Analyst
November 22 2011 9:31 AM
Wedbush Securities believes Netflix Inc.'s (NASDAQ: NFLX) $400-million concurrent common stock and convertible notes financing were motivated by the company's deteriorating business performance, which in turn triggered liquidity concerns.
- Pre-Market NASDAQ Movers (FMCN, BSDM, BRCD, NVDA, ETFC, NFLX, GOLD, ASML, AMZN, SHPGY)
November 22 2011 8:27 AM
The top pre-market NASDAQ Stock Market gainers are: Focus Media Holding, BSD Medical, Brocade Communications Systems, NVIDIA, and E*TRADE Financial. The top pre-market NASDAQ Stock Market losers are: Netflix, Randgold Resources, ASML Holding, Amazon.com, and Shire.
- U.S. Stock Futures Signal Mixed Open
November 22 2011 3:49 AM
Stock index futures pointed to a mixed open on Wall Street on Tuesday following the previous session's sharp losses, with futures for the S&P 500 up 0.49 percent, Dow Jones futures up 0.21 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures down 0.17 percent at 0831 GMT.
- Netflix Raises $400 Million in Shares, Debt
November 21 2011 8:49 PM
Video rental company Netflix Inc said late on Monday that it raised $400 million in fresh capital by selling convertible debt to long-time backer Technology Crossover Ventures and stock to funds managed by T. Rowe Price.
- Netflix to Sell Convertible Debt to Raise Capital
November 21 2011 8:25 PM
Video rental company Netflix Inc said late on Monday that it agreed to sell $200 million of convertible debt to long-time backer Technology Crossover Ventures to raise new capital.
- Black Friday 2011 Ad Roundup: Top Deals
November 21 2011 3:05 PM
Traditionally Black Friday deals were revealed through ads released in national and local newspapers on Thanksgiving day, but now with the Internets capacity to make ads go viral the deals are being released earlier and earlier. Here is a roundup of the ads released for Black Friday 2011 so far:
- ‘Arrested Development’ Returns for New Season on Netflix: Details
November 19 2011 12:12 PM
The Bluths are back! The Emmy-winning comedy series Arrested Development will return for a fourth season exclusively on Netflix.
- New Arrested Development episodes coming to Netflix
November 19 2011 4:00 AM
The Bluths are back.
- Amazon Nearly Breaks Even on Fire's Cost: iSuppli
November 18 2011 5:17 PM
Amazon.com Inc almost breaks even on every Kindle Fire tablet it makes and sells, IHS iSuppli estimated on Friday, underscoring the aggressiveness with which it tried to rein in the cost of a device that spearheads its foray into the tablet market.
- Netflix, Wal-Mart Lawsuit: Wal-Mart Settles with Subscribers, Netflix Could go to Trial
November 17 2011 1:48 PM
Netflix said Thursday it would refuse to join Wal-Mart in the settlement of a class-action lawsuit involving more than 25 million current and former Netflix subscribers.