The Tour de France 2011 moves into Stage 19 between the town of Mondane to a mountain top finish on the famed Alpe d'Huez.
The peloton starts the stage by facing the Category 1 climb up the Col du Telegraphe. After a brief descent, the peloton immediately climbs the Col du Galibier once again on a different side, for a total ascent of 28.6 km and an average gradient of seven percent.
After a nearly 50 km descent, the riders will face the final 13.8 hors category climb up the Alpe d'Huez to the finish.
Andy Schleck made a daring attack on the second climb of the day yesterday. While another similar attack may be possible, it's likely the GC contenders won't let Schleck get away this time.
This will make a showdown on the final climb where Schleck will likely attack to gain more time and see if yellow jersey holder Thomas Voeckler will drop off.
In addition, Cadel Evans will need to stay with Schleck in order to keep his tour hopes alive for a grabbing the yellow jersey on the next day's individual time trial.
Here is the top 10 GC before Stage 19 begins:
1. Thomas Voeckler, Team Europcar, 79:34:06
2. Andy Schleck, Leopard Trek, 0:00:15
3. Frank Schleck, Leopard Trek, 0:01:08
4. Cadel Evans, BMC Racing Team, 0:01:12
5. Damiano Cunego, Lampre - ISD, 0:03:46
6. Ivan Basso, Liquigas-Cannondale
7. Alberto Contador Velasco, Saxo Bank Sungard, 0:04:44
8. Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez, Euskaltel-Euskadi, 0:05:20
9. Thomas Danielson, Team Garmin-Cervelo, 0:07:08
10. Jean-Christophe Peraud, AG2R La Mondiale, 0:09:27
It should be an exciting day of racing. Set an e-mail reminder, wake up bright and early, and join us for live coverage beginning at 5:30 AM PDT or 8:30 AM EDT.
More Tour de France Coverage