Shares of companies active in Thursday's early trade are: Red Hat, IMAX, Steelcase, Micron Technology, Best Buy, Salesforce.com, Paychex, Hologic, H.B. Fuller Co. and Northern Oil & Gas.
* Shares of Red Hat Inc. (NYSE:RHT) climbed 12.58 percent to $45.00 in early trade. The company reported fourth quarter net income of $51.4 million or $0.26 per share compared with $36.5 million or $0.19 per share in the same period a year-ago.
* IMAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX) surged 10.45 percent to $29.30. The company plans to open 75 new theatres in China as part of joint revenue sharing deal with Wanda Cinema Line Corp., sending its shares up more than 10 percent in NYSE.
* Steelcase Inc. (NYSE: SCS) soared 12 percent to $10.68 in early trade. The company posted fourth quarter revenue of $622.9 million and net income of $10.4 million, or $0.08 per share. Excluding net restructuring costs, adjusted earnings equaled $0.11 per share. Steelcase reported $551.9 million of revenue and a net loss of $0.10 per share in the fourth quarter of the prior year.
* Micron Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:MU) surged 6.5 percent to $11.30. The company reported second quarter net income of $72 million or $0.07 per share compared with $365 million or $0.39 per share in the same quarter last year. Revenue rose 15 percent to $2.26 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected a profit of 2 cents a share on revenue of $2.06 billion.
* Best Buy Co. (NYSE :BBY) shares advanced 2.04 percent to $32.50 in early trade. The company reported fourth quarter net income of $651 million or $1.62 per share compared with $779 million or $1.82 per share in the quarter a year-ago. Excluding items, the company earned $1.98 a share, well ahead of the analysts' average estimate of $1.85 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
* Salesforce.com Inc. (NYSE:CRM) shares gained 2.51 percent to $125.19 in pre-market trading session. The stock has a 52 week low of $73.91 and 52 week high of $151.26 and has $16.05 billion market capitalization.
* Shares of Paychex Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) fell 4 percent to $30.91 in early trade. The payroll processor posted quarterly net earnings of $130.6 million or 36 cents per share, from $112 million or 31 cents a share a year earlier. Net revenue rose 5 percent to $531.3 million. Analysts had expected a profit of 35 cents a share on revenue of $531.3 million. In the past 52-weeks, the stock has been trading in the range of $24.65 to $33.91.
* Hologic Inc. (NASDAQ: HOLX) fell 3.63 percent to $20.99. The maker of diagnostics and medical imaging systems was downgraded by Gleacher to sell from neutral.
* H.B. Fuller Co. (NYSE: FUL) declined 3.4 percent to $20.30. The maker of adhesives, sealants, paints and other specialty chemical products reported net income for the first quarter of $14.4 million, or $0.29 per share, versus $19.0 million, or $0.38 per share, in last year’s first quarter. Net revenue rose 9.7 percent to $339.5 million. Analysts expected earnings of $0.32 a share on revenue of $341.8 million.
* Northern Oil & Gas, Inc., (AMEX: NOG) fell 5.74 percent to $24.47 in early trade. In the past 52 weeks, the stock has been trading in the range of $11.72 to $33.98. The energy company is focused on the activities primarily on projects based in the Rocky Mountain Region of the United States, specifically the Bakken and Three Forks/Sanish formations within the Williston Basin.