Articles by Kathleen Caulderwood
- What The US Public Wants DC To Focus On
December 04 2013 3:45 PM
When it comes to international relations, there's the view of the U.S. public, then there's the view of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Iran Eyes Oil Production Ramp
December 04 2013 11:58 AM
Iran's oil minister has named American and British companies as favorites to help develop and export the country’s vast oil reserves.
- And The Top Online Brokers Are...
December 03 2013 2:05 PM
Investors Business Daily polled 10,000 investors to see how online brokers stack up.
- Why BP's $9.4 Billion Oil Spill Settlement Has Been Halted
December 03 2013 1:11 PM
BP had been paying billions in benefits to those whose health and/or businesses were damaged by the Deepwater Horizon spill.
- Neverquest Computer Virus: What You Need To Know
November 27 2013 12:43 PM
Russian researchers have discovered a computer virus that hacks into online banking sites to steal user information.
- Women On Corporate Boards Good For Equality, Equity: Study
November 26 2013 12:31 PM
Having women on a board of directors saves the company and stockholders money. Should laws mandate that women be on all boards?
- Russia's Central Bank Won't Cut Interest Rates Any Time Soon
November 20 2013 2:34 PM
Despite an increase in agricultural production and consumer sales, the Russian economy is slowing down thanks to a lack of investment and slowing industrial production. Their central bank governor warned against cutting interest rate.
- Who Interrupted Marissa Mayer?
November 20 2013 1:49 PM
On Tuesday, a discussion between Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer and Salesforce CEO Mark Benioff was interrupted by a small group of protesters.
- Discover, Two Other Banks Providing Free Credit Scores
November 20 2013 11:28 AM
Discover cardholders will soon start getting monthly updates of their FICO credit scores with their monthly statements.
- A Billionaire Here, A Billionaire There, And Pretty Soon We're Talking About Real Money
November 19 2013 3:16 PM
The Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census shows that the United States has the most billionaires of any country, but Asia is catching up.
- What? Starbucks Buying Cheap Beans?
November 19 2013 12:09 PM
As global prices for Arabica green coffee beans hit record lows, Starbucks will see millions in benefits over the next two years. But customers won't see cheaper lattes any time soon.
- Ontario Monitoring Cash Registers To Help Balance Budget
November 14 2013 6:41 AM
Ontario seeks to hike revenue by cracking down on tax fraud and evasion and expects to make up for billions in lost revenue.
- Sub-Saharan Africa Mobile Growth is Fast, But Taxes and China Will Be a Problem
November 13 2013 2:29 PM
Samsung sets sights on doubling its business in sub-Saharan Africa but it will face challenges from local taxation, infrastructure, and cheap Chinese gear.
- Afghan Opium Farmers "Hedging" Against Uncertain Future
November 13 2013 2:26 PM
As international forces prepare the leave Afghanistan and elections loom, more farmers are turning to poppy cultivation as opium prices grew last year.
- Global GDP Growth In '14: Inching Up
November 12 2013 2:02 PM
The report from the Conference Board also forecasts slow economic growth for the U.S. next year.
- $2,700 A Month, No Matter What
November 12 2013 12:48 PM
A grassroots Swiss group has petitioned the government to provide all of the country's citizens with a mimum annual income.
- Sub-Saharan Africa Promises Major Growth, Investors Say
November 12 2013 12:41 PM
Sub-Saharan Africa is poised for growth, and investors are interested despite challenges plaguing the area.
- Twitter And Exchange Traded Funds
November 06 2013 2:17 PM
Exchange-traded-fund investors will have to wait a while to see Twitter included in major ETFs. But here's how things might spin out.
- A Protest in 140 Characters
November 06 2013 2:16 PM
When Twitter debuts on Wall Street Thurs., activists will gather at its SF HQ to protest its effects on rent and transportation in the city.
- Report Shows Credit Balances High, Delinquency Low
November 06 2013 1:36 PM
Despite the difficulties of the government shutdown, small business credit quality is healthy and rising.