Articles by Meagan Clark
- What One Millionaire Is Doing For Detroit
December 06 2013 11:04 AM
A judge mediating Detroit's bankruptcy is urging others to mirror the millionaire's action.
- Which Country Has The Highest Retirement Age In The Developed World, At 69?
December 06 2013 10:08 AM
Retirement shouldn't take up more than two decades according to the U.K. government.
- The Top Ranked Financial Services Firms By Financial Advisers
December 06 2013 5:24 AM
The firms ranked the highest may surprise you.
- 10 Cities With Risky Pension Plans
December 05 2013 3:18 PM
Reporting and accounting standards for pension plans are changing. Here are the cities to keep an eye on.
- World's 5 Richest Bachelors
December 05 2013 1:16 PM
Here's a rundown of the world's richest single men. Note: They may or may not be available.
- First A US Fiscal Drag, Now A Student Loan Drag
December 05 2013 11:53 AM
Student loan debt is hurting a key U.S. business sector.
- Japan's Latest Stimulus Going Largely To Construction
December 05 2013 11:30 AM
The stimulus just approved by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will boost Japan's GDP by 1 percent.
- Americans' Discretionary Spending Rising: Gallup
December 02 2013 2:38 PM
A Gallup poll found that for the past five years, Americans have been spending more discretionary cash.
- Japan Loosens Gun Ban On Ships To Counteract Piracy
December 02 2013 1:44 PM
For the first time, Japan is allowing guards on state-registered tankers to carry guns.
- A Glut Of Oil, But Prices Hang
December 02 2013 10:16 AM
Geopolitics could trump supply-and-demand fundamentals in determining the price of crude oil.
- US Fast-Food Workers: Has Their Time Arrived?
December 02 2013 9:55 AM
The employees say the minimum wage is not nearly enough to cover their basic needs.
- Never Go Wrong With Real Estate? Global House Prices Back To 2006 Levels
December 02 2013 7:50 AM
House prices around the world are creeping back to pre-crisis levels. What does that say about real estate's performance long-term?
- Gold Glittering A Little Less
November 22 2013 2:04 PM
Key question: Are analysts bearish or bullish on gold in the immediate period ahead?
- India's Economy Shows Signs Of Stabilization: Conference Board
November 22 2013 1:26 PM
Agricultural exports and industrial production are helping lift India's economy.
- US Mortgage Rates Declined This Week
November 22 2013 12:39 PM
Was it a comment by Janet Yellen or something else that prompted the first mortgage rate drop in two weeks?
- Russia's Central Bank Revoked License From A Putin-Tied Bank
November 22 2013 11:04 AM
Russia's central bank has just slapped down a firm closely tied to strongman Putin.
- Federal Reserve's Stimulus: Who Has Really Benefited?
November 22 2013 9:56 AM
A peek at the data is revealing.
- October US Retail Sales: A Ray Of Light?
November 22 2013 7:07 AM
A key question is whether wage growth will increase to propel sales higher on a sustained basis.
- Pirates Threatening African Oil Trade
November 21 2013 11:35 AM
Violent pirates are raiding ships off West Africa's coast, threatening the region's oil supply
- In The US, It's Still A 'Mancession'
November 21 2013 9:44 AM
Women have regained all the jobs they lost during the recession. Why haven't men?