“The Vampire Diaries” Season 6 is about to start its winter hiatus, but we’re going to need some serious progress to be made before the CW drama takes a break. Right now, nothing is settled. Kai (Chris Wood) is on the loose, Elena (Nina Dobrev) can’t remember that she loves Damon (Ian Somerhalder), Bonnie (Kat Graham) is stuck in 1994 and Caroline (Candice Accola) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) aren’t speaking. While we love a good cliffhanger, we need to tie up some loose ends in “The Vampire Diaries” Christmas episode if we’re expected to survive the hiatus. In the spirit of Christmas, here’s our holiday wish list for “The Vampire Diaries” midseason finale:
1. Damon And Elena Christmas Kiss – Showrunner Julie Plec warned fans that there would be some mistletoe in Damon and Elena’s future. While we’d love for Damon and Elena to get back together in the episode, it’s probably not going to happen. “There is mistletoe in the midseason finale, and fans are free to wish for anything they want -- and also prepare for crushing disappointment in the way that we always tend to like to serve it to them,” Plec warned TV Line.
2. Bonnie Needs To Go Home – Without anyone to interact with in 1994, it doesn’t seem like Bonnie will get much screen time. Luckily, the writers found a way around that in the Christmas episode. Reuniting with her friends might not happen in the present, but Bonnie will try to keep her spirits up with some flashbacks to her Mystic Falls days.
3. Kill Enzo - "Dude, there's always deaths, there is a big one coming up, I will say that, there is a big one that's really going to break the people's hearts," Wesley told E! Online. Alright, we love Enzo (Michael Malarkey), but if someone we like has to die, he’s at the top of the list. He causes more trouble than anything, and Caroline doesn’t really need another homicidal vampire to fall in love with her.
4. Damon And Alaric Bromance – Damon lost Elena, but losing his best friend on top of that is not healthy. Damon needs someone to keep him from going to the dark side, so he needs to apologize to Alaric as soon as possible. Two people are supposed to be getting a lot closer in episode 10, and we hope it’s Alaric and Damon. “While much of the episode is about crazy Kai on the loose, the episode's big shocker doesn't involve him at all,” TV Guide teased. “Instead, look for some really bad news to bring two people closer than ever.”
5. A Happy Ending – Dobrev noted that the flashbacks were quite a contrast to the present-day scenes. "It's the day before Halloween and we're shooting Christmas and there's snow everywhere. ... Tomorrow we're going to be bloody and there will be so much horror around us, but today it's so joyful and festive," Dobrev told TV Guide. That sounds a little too ominous. We need someone to have a happy ending. Anyone, really. We just can’t spend all of winter hiatus in tears over our favorite characters.
6. Caroline And Stefan – Caroline needs a friend. It seems like the only person she’s been getting along with in Season 6 is Elena and with Damon back, Elena is super distracted. Even if they’re not together romantically, they need to sort out their issues. According to Wesley, this is one wish that might not come true. "There's some beautiful moments and I do think ultimately that something will happen. It's just a slow burn," he told E! Online.
“The Vampire Diaries” midseason finale airs Thursday, Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. EST on ABC. What do you want to happen in the Christmas episode? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!