Fans of “The Walking Dead” finally got some major clues about that crazy Season 6 finale which resulted in one character being brutally murdered by Negan and his barbed-wire bat Lucille. During Comic Con, AMC released another promo for Season 7 and the almost four-minute clip is filled with tiny details about who survives, and who may have been killed.
As fans know Season 6 ended with Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) lining up Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), Daryl (Norman Reedus), Michonne (Danai Gurira), Carl (Chandler Riggs), Maggie (Lauren Cohan), Glenn (Steven Yeun), Abraham (Michael Cudlitz), Rosita (Christian Serratos), Eugene (Josh McDermitt), Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green ) and Aaron (Ross Marquand ) in a semicircle as he threatened to whack one of them with his bat. Just as Negan picked his victim, the episode ended.
According to Yahoo! TV, fans were treated to a sneak peek at the upcoming season premiere during the show’s Comic Con panel Saturday. Watch the trailer below, and then keep reading for five things you may have missed.
- Rick is alive ... at least for now. The trailer picks up immediately after Negan killed one of the characters. It only focuses on Rick which means he wasn’t killed by Lucille, but his situation looks dire and it’s not clear if Rick will make it to the end of the premiere. After Rick tells Negan he’s going to kill him, the crazed villain drags Rick to the camper and tosses him inside. Whatever happens in that trailer can’t be good.
- In the sneak peek, Rick looks shaken by what happened but he doesn’t appear to be devastated. So does that mean his son Carl also survived the attack? Rick is very protective of Carl, so if he was killed, Rick’s reaction would probably be a lot more heartbreaking.
- It’s teased that Rick could lose his hand. In Robert Kirkman’s comic books, one of Rick’s hands is cut off. That hasn’t happened on the TV show, but based on the trailer it seems Negan may be the one to dismember Rick. After Rick’s threats, Negan starts talking about Rick’s “right hand man.” He could be referring to the character he killed or it could be a hint that Rick is about to lose his right hand. Also in the trailer, Negan asks Simon for Rick’s ax before he drags him into the camper.
- When the trailer ends, a white blanket is seen on the ground next to what appears to be blood and the remains of a person. In the Season 6 finale, Daryl was the only one who had a white blanket wrapped around his shoulders.
- The blood splatter on Rick’s face is on his right side, which also could be another clue to which character met a grisly death. During Negan’s lineup, Daryl, Maggie, Michonne, Rosita, Glenn and Abraham were on Rick’s right side.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, before the trailer aired showrunner Scott Gimple once again promised that Negan’s victim will be revealed during the Season 7 premiere. He also told fans to be on the lookout for some new zombies. “In putting together these episodes, I’m saying that this season … the performances this year are astounding. The actors this year are the star of the show,” he said. “Be on the lookout for some amazing performances, some really unbelievable creepy, strange, weird walkers.”
“The Walking Dead” Season 7 premieres Sunday, Oct. 23 at 9 p.m. EDT on AMC.