Looks like Kim Kardashian’s social media silence will prevail for some more time. On Monday, her assistant posted on the reality television star’s website and phone app that Kardashian is “taking some much needed time off.”
The 35-year-old mother-of-two has shunned social media ever since she was a victim of robbery in Paris earlier this month. Her paid app hasn’t been updated following the incident.
“Hey guys. So you may have noticed we haven’t updated the app in a couple weeks. Keeks [Kardashian] is taking some much needed time off,” Kardashian’s assistant Stephanie Sheppard said in a post on the socialite’s website. “But not to worry. We’ve called upon Kims (sic) closest friends, fam & yours truly to serve up some exclusives,” Sheppard added.
“Stay tuned for new posts and app takeovers!!” the assistant promised.
On Oct. 2, Kardashian — who was in Paris for fashion week — was robbed by masked and armed men who allegedly gagged her and locked her up in a bathtub at her house in the French city. According to police estimates, the thieves stole over $10 million of jewels from the star.
Last Tuesday, Khloé Kardashian said on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” that Kardashian was not “doing that well” since the robbery.
“I think it's just a wake-up call to make a lot of life adjustments,” Khloé said about Kardashian’s social media silence. “This is a really serious matter and for Kim I think it’s very personal for when that emotional terror — [when] you can move on from that. I think for us it’s all a wake-up call for all of us but just definitely to make sure that our sister is OK.”
French authorities have launched an investigation into the robbery and Kardashian has canceled all her engagements for the coming weeks.