Mary-Kate Olsen is officially off the market. The former “Full House” star has married Olivier Sarkozy. The fashion designer has not officially revealed the news, but Page Six reported Olsen and Sarkozy were married Friday in a small Manhattan ceremony. About 50 guests attended the ceremony and were required to turn in their cell phones before entering.
— New York Post (@nypost) November 29, 2015
While Olsen has been a household name for most of her life, Sarkozy isn’t as well known. Check out a few facts about Olsen’s new husband below:
1. French -- The investment banker was born in France, but attended school in the U.K. His half brother, Nicolas Sarkozy, is a former French president. However, Forbes reported he has an American accent and goes by Oliver instead of Olivier.
2. Family -- Olsen is now a stepmother of Sarkozy’s two children, Julien, 13, and Margot, 11. Their mother is Charlotte Bernard, who divorced Sarkozy in 2011 after 14 years of marriage.
3. An older man -- There is a major age gap between the couple. Sarkozy is 46 while Olsen is 29. “Everyone has an opinion,” the designer told the Wall Street Journal of the age difference in 2012. “I find it's better to focus on what's in front of you and to keep putting one foot in front of the other.”
4. A long engagement -- Sarkozy and Olsen didn’t rush to the altar. They’ve been dating since 2012, and Olsen was first spotted with her engagement ring in March 2014.
5. PDA -- These two aren’t afraid of public displays of affection. They’ve been photographed kissing at several sporting events.