It looks like it’s bad news for “Top Gear” star Jeremy Clarkson. After an argument with one of the show’s producers turned physical earlier this month, the BBC has concluded its investigation into the incident and has decided not to renew Clarkson’s contract for the show.

According to a report from the BBC, the network’s director general, Tony Hall, has confirmed that Clarkson’s time on the show is finished after attacking producer Oisin Tymon at a Yorkshire hotel. Hall says his hand was forced and that Clarkson had crossed too far over the line.

The 57-year-old TV star was suspended on March 10 after bringing the incident to the attention of the network. From there, the BBC launched an investigation into the altercation that ended on Tuesday with the final decision to let Clarkson go. As of right now the network is planning to move forward with “Top Gear.” Clarkson’s co-stars James May and Richard Hammond will see their contracts expire this month as well. It’s unclear if they’ll be renewed, but the network has no real reason not to.

According to the Telegraph, which first reported the news, Clarkson returned to the hotel after a night of shooting to find that the kitchen was no longer serving hot food. This sparked a verbal tirade against Tymon. The network released the findings of its investigation noting that the argument was mostly Clarkson verbally abusing the producer with “the strongest expletives” and threats to fire him. Things eventually escalated into a 30-second attack in which Tymon reportedly did not retaliate against the “Top Gear” star. Witnesses broke up the two but the yelling is said to have continued for a few more minutes. Later that night, Tymon drove himself to a hospital to get an open cut on his lip looked at.

"For me, a line has been crossed,” Hall said in a statement to BBC News. “There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations." Hall went on to thank Clarkson for all of his work with the BBC and “Top Gear” saying that he hoped this incident wouldn’t taint his otherwise stellar career. 

Following Clarkson's March 10 suspension, his fans started a campaign to get him immediately reinstated on the show, but it was clearly to no avail. Still, the host thanked his fans on Twitter.

Clarkson has not yet commented on the news of his leave. However, the writing was clearly on the wall for him as his Twitter bio now reads: “I used to be a presenter on the BBC2 motoring show, Top Gear.”