Good news video game fans, it looks like everyone’s favorite "villain" isn’t done wrecking it. Actor John C. Reilly confirmed that not only is a “Wreck-It Ralph” sequel in development, but he’s signed on to reprise his role as the title character.

Reilly dropped the news in an interview with the Irish radio program RTE Arena on Sunday, where he was attending the Galway Film Fleadh, where he was the guest of honor. In the interview, he announced that he has officially signed on to work on the next incarnation of the 2012 Academy Award-nominated hit. The show’s producer, Penny Hart, first shared the news on Twitter.

According to The Huffington Post, Reilly’s announcement isn’t the first rumblings that we’ve heard of a “Wreck-It Ralph” sequel. Director Rich Moore previously told the outlet that he and the rest of the cast would “jump at the opportunity” to revisit the world of videogames in the movie. In addition, the outlet reports co-star Sarah Silverman told MovieHole in 2012 that she’s on board for a sequel as well.

With the stars aligning for a look at what Ralph, Vanellope (Silverman), Felix (Jack McBrayer) and Calhoun (Jane Lynch) have been up to since defeating the evil King Candy (Alan Tudyk), many may be wondering exactly what the sequel will be about.

According to ComingSoon, Moore previously stated that he’d like to use a “Wreck-It Ralph” sequel to tackle the world of console and online gaming -- two functions that have rendered the arcade gaming system that made the first movie work relatively obsolete in the past few decades. He even told the outlet that he’ll try and get Nintendo, which is highly protective of its intellectual property, to loosen its grip and allow characters like Mario, Luigi, Link and Zelda to appear in the sequel.

What are your thoughts on a “Wreck-It Ralph” sequel? Comment below or tweet your thoughts to @TylerMcCarthy.