A seven-year-old Indonesian boy was electrocuted to death while using his grandmother’s mobile phone that was on charge.

Alfani Yeskiel Tuke was playing a game on his grandmother’s mobile phone while it was charging in the living room of their home Friday. The grandmother left home around 5 p.m. local time (6 a.m. EDT) to graze the cows. When she returned an hour later, she found the boy lying on the floor without his shirt. She assumed he was asleep. A few minutes later, she tapped on his shoulder to wake him up but to no avail. She panicked and started screaming after she got an electric shock. Soon one of their neighbors, Wendi Sabuna, who heard the screams, rushed to her, World Of Buzz reported.

On knowing what had happened, the neighbor immediately turned off the power supply and removed the phone from the boy’s grip. Soon, a few other people also rushed to the grandmother’s aid and informed the police, who reached the spot and pronounced the boy dead.

The investigation confirmed that Tuke had died of electric shock he received while playing with the phone. The victim’s parents, who worked in Jakarta, were informed about the incident and the boy was buried the following day, Tribune News reported.

A seven-year-old Indonesian boy was electrocuted to death after using his grandmother’s mobile phone while it was charging. In this image, an iPhone 6S is plugged into a battery charger in Washington, D.C., March 18, 2019. BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images

In a similar incident in December 2018, a Malaysian boy was electrocuted to death while using his headphones on his phone that was charging. Mohammed Aidil Azzahar Zaharin, 16, fell asleep while using his headphones on his plugged-in phone. The following morning, his mother saw him lying on the floor. She, however, left for work thinking he was asleep. When she returned home from work, she saw the boy lying in the same position and realized he was dead. Paramedics reached the house and declared him dead.

District police Chief Deputy Superintendent Anuar Bakri Abdul Salam said, "While at work, she [the mother] felt uneasy and decided to return home to check on her son. At home, she found him in the same position. She then tried to wake him up and as she touched him, the boy's body felt cold. Checks showed no sign of bruises or injuries. However, there was bleeding in the boy's left ear. The medical officer later confirmed that the boy had died hours earlier.”