The camera crews and reporters have mostly left Ferguson, Missouri, but violence continues in the suburb of St. Louis. The Aug. 9 shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson set a series of protests into motion that highlighted the racial divisions that still shape both American life and the relationships law enforcement officials have with black communities. 

In the two months since Brown was killed, a number of other shootings have rocked the St. Louis area. The most recent shooting, in which an 18-year-old black man was killed by a 32-year-old white police officer, has revived anger about Brown’s death. Here’s a timeline of police-related shootings that have occurred since Brown’s death:

Aug. 13: A police officer shot a man who brandished a handgun near the protests over Brown’s death in Ferguson, according to Reuters. The man was left critically wounded in the incident, which came after a long night of protests, punctuated by tear gas canisters being fired into crowds of protesters, and a report of men wearing ski masks holding shotguns.

Aug. 17: Police shot one person and arrested seven in a night of protests that saw clashes between cops and protesters, according to USA Today. Police officers launched tear gas at protesters who violated the midnight curfew in the town of Ferguson.

Aug. 19: Two people were shot but not killed by police during overnight protests on the streets of Ferguson as the National Guard arrived on orders of Gov. Jay Nixon, according to the Associated Press. The shootings took place during a night of violent and rowdy clashes between protesters and police, in which police said demonstrators threw Molotov cocktails and bottles at officers, and cops shot tear gas and flash grenades as they arrested 31 people overnight.

Later that same day, a 25-year-old, knife-wielding black man was shot to death by police officers in north St. Louis, near Ferguson, according to the New York Post. Kajieme Powell was caught on amateur video acting erratic and screamed at police to “shoot me” before they exited their squad car and swiftly fired multiple shots at him, leaving him dead. His death stoked anger among protesters, though police maintained that the shooting was warranted.

Sept. 27: A police officer was shot in the arm while on patrol in Ferguson, according to CNN. The officer was alone in his police cruiser and saw a “male subject” during a “business check” at the Ferguson Community Center. The man ran when the officer approached him and eventually turned around and “fired shots at the officer,” one of which hit him in the left arm, according to police.

St. Louis County Police Chief Col. Jon Belmar said that the incident didn't appear to be related to the Michael Brown protests. "It didn't happen within the proximity of the protest area," he said. "I wouldn't have any reason to believe right now that it was linked in any way, shape, manner or form with the protests.”

Later that day, multiple gunmen fired multiple handgun shots at an off-duty police officer in civilian clothing who was driving his personal vehicle at the time, police said, adding that it was unclear whether he was targeted in the attack or if it was random. He wasn't hit by the bullets.

Oct. 8: An off-duty 32-year-old white St. Louis police officer shot and killed Vonderrit D. Myers Jr., 18, in the Shaw neighborhood of St. Louis, Reuters reported. The officer, who was on the clock for a private security company at the time of the shooting, chased after Myers and two friends when they ran past him, the St. Louis police department said in a statement. Police said Myers fired two shots at the policeman, who returned fire, firing 17 bullets at Myers and killing him. Police wouldn't disclose the name of the officer.

Myers’ family maintains that he didn't fire at the officer and was only holding a sandwich, not a gun, when he was killed. The incident sparked outrage and is expected to add fuel to protests related to Brown’s death that were already scheduled to take place over the weekend in Ferguson.