KEY POINTS

  • According to Mr. Ratprachoom, something felt awkward, "sticking out of his bottom" while he was taking a break
  • Pictures of the long tapeworm have trended on different social media platforms since the gruesome experience
  • Tapeworm infections are relatively common in other parts of the world

A man in northeastern Thailand has just experienced something that's stuff usually found in nightmares. Kritsada Ratprachoom, a 44-year-old father from Udon Thani, was using the toilet when he pulled a 32-foot-long tapeworm from his bum. 

According to Mr. Ratprachoom, something felt awkward, "sticking out of his bottom" while he was taking a break. He felt like "something was left" and turned out that the tapeworm was still wriggling out of his bottom. 

That's when the freelance photographer yanked out the sticky and stretchy 32-foot-long parasite out of his butt. Pictures of the long tapeworm have trended on different social media platforms since the gruesome experience. 

Kritsada Ratprachoom Tapeworm The disgusting 32ft-long tapeworm a horrified man pulled out of his backside while using the toilet. Photo: Photo: Facebook/Kritsada Ratprachoom

Some of the photographs show the worm still wriggling up on the toilet. After taking some snaps, Mr. Ratprachoom then flushed the slithering parasite down the loo. 

But the worst part isn't over. According to the Mirror, the tapeworm rose out of the oblivion and somewhat survived to pester him again. He said that he had just finished dropping his kid off at school and some errands when he had to use the bathroom for the second time that day.

When he was seated on the loo, something was wriggling on his stomach. To his surprise, the 32-foot long was still around and slithered on the cistern, Mr. Ratprachoom then dispatched it for the final time. 

He said that he is still not sure how the worm got inside of him in the first place. Tapeworms are flat, ribbon-like parasites that can live in your gut if you swallow their eggs or their newly hatched larvae. 

Tapeworm infections are relatively common in other parts of the world, but Kritsada's experience is downright nasty. In China, doctors have recently discovered two toddlers with unexplained bruising on their limbs. 

It turns out that tapeworms caused the bruises by eating undercooked pork. In a news report from Fox News, Wang Xianfeng, a pediatrician at the hospital who treated the siblings, said that the 1-year-old girl and his 3-year-old brother were administered with an antiparasitic drug to flush out the larvae.