A die-hard Donald Trump supporter who starved and prayed for the president’s recovery from COVID-19 died of cardiac arrest Sunday.

Bussa Krishna, a 33-year-old man from the southern Indian state of Telangana, was a huge fan of the president and used to worship his photo every day. Last year, Krishna built a six-foot statue of the president in front of his house, which has posters and stickers of Trump all over it.

Ever since he was informed Trump had tested positive for the deadly virus, the man became depressed and starved and prayed for the president’s recovery. Last week, he also released a video in which he was seen crying for the president and praying for his recovery. On Sunday, Krishna suffered a heart attack and was rushed to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead by the doctors.

Confirming the news, a friend of the deceased told Indian news agency Asian News International, "He was upset when he learned about Trump testing positive for the COVID-19. He spent sleepless nights, starved and prayed for the U.S. President Trump's recovery for the past three-four days. He died of cardiac arrest today around noon."

Meanwhile, his cousin Vivek told local daily Hindustan Times the deceased "was healthy and had no prior medical complications."

Krishna was a farmer whose wife died last year while giving birth to their baby. He started worshipping Trump in 2017 after Srinivas Kuchibhotla, a man from Telangana, was killed by a United States navy veteran at a bar in Kansas City in an alleged act of hate crime.

"I was very much pained at the incident. I thought the only way the U.S. president and his people could understand the greatness of Indians is to display our love and affection towards them. That is why I started worshipping Trump with a hope that the prayers would reach him one day," Krishna had told local media. 

Donald Trump returned to the White House on October 5, 2020 after spending three nights at Walter Reed military hospital Donald Trump returned to the White House on Oct. 5, 2020, after spending three nights at Walter Reed military hospital. Photo: AFP / NICHOLAS KAMM