Twitter announced Thursday it was putting Vine, its app the lets users create and edit 6-second video clips, out to pasture. Vine will be discontinued slowly "in the coming months," wrote Twitter in a Medium post announcing Vine's death.
The Vine website will remain up and already-created vines will stick around, but eventually Vine will be no more.
"To all the creators out there — thank you for taking a chance on this app back in the day," wrote Twitter. "To the many team members over the years who made this what it was — thank you for your contributions. And of course, thank you to all of those who came to watch and laugh every day."
The laughs were perhaps the best part of Vine. In six seconds, creative Vine users could get their audience to chuckle over everything from song parodies, to mashup videos, to adorable animals doing adorable things.
The 2016 election cycle, despite its alarming dearth of cute animals, has also provided plenty of fodder for Viners. Whether it be simple clips of noteworthy speeches, or creative mashups, Vine has proven a handy tool for those of us counting down the days (12) until Election Day.
Here are 16 of International Business Times' favorite election vines, selected by a committee of experts, featuring Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and a number of their vanquished opponents.
1. Right wingin', bitter clingin', proud clingers
2. Just chillin' in Cedar Rapids
3. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's enthusiasm
4. And New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's
5. Get those lights off
6. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush just wants a little applause
7. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio gets tongue tied
8. Trump has trouble with an eagle
9. Hoodies are hard
10. Dr. Ben Carson escalates quickly
11. GOP candidates can't figure out who's supposed to enter the debate when
12. Cruz has fun with guns
13. Clinton gets hip with her Pokemon reference
14. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders throws some serious shade
15. MacBook Pro, baby
16. Bing, Bing