Samsung is already having a lot of trouble with the Galaxy Note 7, and now it looks like the company might be facing another problem. There have been two separate user reports claiming that their Galaxy S7 Edge handsets caught fire.

Mr. Elisha Loewen, a Galaxy S7 Edge user in Canada, claims that his handset began to emit smoke while he was taking a drive. Once he realized that his Galaxy S7 Edge was on fire, he threw out the device out of the window and proceeded to cover it with snow to extinguish the flames, according to Android Headlines.

Mr. Loewen reported the incident to his mobile carrier Bell, but he was simply asked to directly contact Samsung about it. After contacting Samsung, he was instructed to send photos of his burned handset and promised that a “specialist” will reach out to him soon.

Galaxy S7 Edge The Galaxy S7 Edge that caught fire in Canada. Photo: Android Headlines

“We are unable to comment on this specific incident until we obtain and thoroughly examine the phone. Customer safety remains our highest priority and we want to work with any customer who has experienced an issue with a Samsung product in order to investigate the matter and support them,” Samsung told Yahoo News when reached for comment about the incident in Canada.

In a separate report, an employee from one of the biggest mobile carriers in the U.S. claims that one of their customers just entered their store with a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge that had just exploded. The employee, who asked to remain anonymous, reported the incident to Phone Arena this past Sunday.

The customer only got his device two weeks ago. He claims that his Galaxy S7 Edge exploded while it was charging overnight. The customer also said that he used the charging brick included in the box and not a third-party charger.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time that the Galaxy S7 Edge was involved in this sort of incident. Back in September, a man from Ohio sued Samsung when his Galaxy S7 Edge exploded in his pants. Earlier that same month, a man also claimed that his S7 Edge exploded while being charged overnight. Like the most recent report, the man said that he used the original charger included in the box.

The timing of the two most recent incidents regarding the Galaxy S7 Edge are somewhat suspicious. The device has already been out for more than six months and these incidents are only happening now. It's still premature to tell whether all Galaxy S7 Edge units are suffering the same fate as the Galaxy Note 7, as pointed out by Digital Trends. Regardless, Samsung needs to investigate these reports as quickly as possible, especially now that it is juggling the Note 7 problem and the development of the Galaxy S8.