The original S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is back. “Marvel’s Agent Carter” Season 2 premieres Tuesday, filling the “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” timeslot while it’s on hiatus. The 1940s drama will follow Captain America’s ex Peggy (Hayley Atwell) as she moves to Los Angeles. She’ll quickly manage to make new enemies in the City of Angels. Check out what’s in store for Season 2:
1. Los Angeles – Peggy’s friends and enemies find their way to Los Angeles. Jarvis (James D'Arcy) will be with Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper) as the mogul starts a movie studio. Meanwhile, Peggy ends up out there on assignment for the SSR.
2. Villains – As usual, there is no shortage of bad guys. Russian spy Dottie Underwood (Bridget Reagan) will follow Peggy out west, and the SSR agent will make a few new enemies as well. She’ll meet Joseph Manfredi (Ken Marino), a mob boss, as well as Whitney Frost (Wynn Everett), an actress and scientist. However, some comic book reader might know Whitney better by her alias, Madame Masque.
3. A "Dancing With the Stars" Crossover – Yes, you read that correctly. “Agent Carter” will host the “Dancing With the Stars” cast, but this is just a dream sequence. When Peggy and Jarvis get knocked out, there will be black and white scenes with the “DWTS” dancers, Entertainment Weekly reports. Leading them will be Peggy’s friend, Angie Martinelli (Lyndsy Fonseca).
— Lyndsy Fonseca (@LyndsyMFonseca) December 24, 2015
4. Romance – Peggy is moving on from Captain America (Chris Evans), and she’ll have plenty of love interests to choose from. She’ll still be attracted to Daniel Souza (Enver Gjokaj), but she’ll also meet Jason Wilkes (Reggie Austin), a new scientist. “In this part of her life she's a little bit awkward, which is cute and fun to see,” executive producer Michele Fazekas explained to TV Guide. “And then when she finds herself, ‘Oh, there's two guys I'm sort of interested in.’ She says at one point I did not plan this. So we have a little bit of fun seeing Peggy not so confident in this part of her life.”
5. A "Doctor Strange" Connection – The 1940s TV show will manage to find a tie to the 2016 Marvel Studios film. “Agent Carter” Season 2 will use an energy called Darkforce. “The cool thing about what we learned as we researched Darkforce over the course of Marvel comic book history is, it affects people in different ways,” executive producer Tara Butters explained to Comic Book Resources. “It's created a bunch of superheroes, it's created a bunch of villains, and it has all these different properties.
Watch a trailer for “Agent Carter” Season 2 below:
6. Stark’s Trouble – Howard Stark had his name cleared in Season 1, but he just can’t stay out of trouble. Expect him to need Peggy’s help again. “No, I like being on the run. Should always be on the run,” Cooper told IGN in November. “He’s more of the same. It’s more Howard Stark making, inventing, creating and doing something wrong.”
7. Jarvis’ Wife – Viewers will finally meet the woman who stole Jarvis’ heart. Ana (Lotte Verbeek) won’t be quite as uptight as her husband, though. Producers warned that she will be more outgoing and quickly befriend Peggy. “She and Peggy have like this instant rapport,” Fazekas revealed to EW. “But even Ana, at a certain point, can see all the danger that these people are in and is worried about it. She’s worried about Peggy, and she’s worried about her husband.”
“Marvel’s Agent Carter” Season 2 kicks off Tuesday with a two-hour premiere at 9 p.m. EST on ABC.