“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 is going to conclude in an epic two-hour finale on Tuesday. The superhero series has quite a few secrets, but viewers are hoping that episodes 21 and 22 are full of revelations. Here are just a few questions we hope to see answered in the finale:
1. What does Raina want? The problem with Raina (Ruth Negga) now is that we’re not sure what goal she is working towards. She has made it clear in the past that her loyalties are only to whoever helps her get what she wants. However, it isn’t clear what she needs anymore. She has her powers and she seems to have accepted them. She seemed to be trying to get Jiaying (Dichen Lachman) taken out of power, so is she searching for control or something more?
2. Will Skye learn what Jiaying did? In episode 20, Jiaying deceived her daughter Skye (Chloe Bennet) and the rest of the Inhumans. She made it look like Gonzales (Edward James Olmos) attacked her, forcing Jiaying to kill him. Really, she killed him and then shot herself to frame the S.H.I.E.L.D. leader. Will Skye learn about her mother’s betrayal?
3. What’s Ward’s mission? As of right now, Ward (Brett Dalton) just wants to help Kara (Maya Stojan) seek revenge. That’s not exactly a long-term mission. It doesn’t seem like Ward will ever be able to help S.H.I.E.L.D. again after kidnapping Bobbi (Adrianne Palicki), but he isn’t Hydra anymore either. If he is sticking around for “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 3, then he’ll need a clear purpose.
4. What did Bobbi do to Kara? This is one question that we’re pretty sure will be answered during the finale. Some of Kara’s memories returned, and she and Ward decided that they had to kidnap Bobbi for revenge. Bobbi has typically been considered a do-gooder up to this point, even when she was working for the other S.H.I.E.L.D. However, she may have had to do something treacherous while undercover at Hyrda.
5. Is Mack really gone? Mack (Henry Simmons) handed his badge over to Coulson (Clark Gregg), but will he actually quit? If he finds out Bobbi has been taken, he might find it hard to leave.
6. Will Hunter and Bobbi make up? Bobbi’s relationship with her ex-husband Hunter (Nick Blood) has provided a lot of lighter moments for Season 2. However, they haven't been on speaking terms since Bobbi revealed she was working for Gonzales. Will Bobbi’s disappearance force Hunter to let go of his grudges?
7. What is the extent of Cal’s powers? The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who escorted Cal (Kyle MacLachlan) onto the plane last week found three empty vials in his pocket. We know that Cal gets strong when he is angry, but we probably haven’t seen the full extent of his powers (at least if they’re anything like they are in the comics). Will we see Cal turn into Mr. Hyde and see what he's really capable of?
8. Will there be an “Ant-Man” crossover? Marvel loves to keep everything connected. With “Marvel’s Agent Carter” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron” connections this year, it wouldn’t be surprising if the show ended the with at least a nod to Paul Rudd’s summer superhero flick.
9. How dark will Simmons go? Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) is no longer a sweet, innocent agent anymore. After going undercover at Hydra, killing Bakshi (Simon Kassianides) and vowing to kill Ward, we’re wondering if any of Simmons' actions in the finale will reflect her new attitude.
10. Will there be a cliffhanger? We can hope not, but let’s face it: it’s Marvel. Expect plenty of loose ends. Luckily, the series has officially been renewed for Season 3.
11. Who will die? Executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb told Entertainment Weekly that there would be “casualties of war” in the finale. So who is going to leave? Will it be a baddie or is it someone fans love?
The “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Season 2 finale airs Tuesday at 9 p.m. EDT on ABC. What questions do you hope are answered in the finale? Sound off in the comments section below!