Amazon Prime members can now sign up to watch Game of Thrones as well as original series from Cinemax, on Amazon Channels.
Amazon Prime members can sign up for a monthly HBO subscription for $14.99 per month, which is the same price as HBO Now. Cinemax on Amazon Channels will cost $9.99 per month starting Thursday, with both offering-30-day free trials.
Amazon Channels, which launched in 2015, was originally called the “Streaming Partners” program. Amazon Channels lets Prime members select from more than 70 video subscriptions and add them to their existing membership, Some of Amazon Channels existing partners include Showtime, Starz, Comedy Central’s Stand-Up Plus and the new service recently added PBS Kids and Fandor.
HBO provides access to HBO’s current hits and past shows and series, as well as their current movies, and new shows like Joh Oliver. Cinemax provides access to their original shows, as well as movies like Mad Max: Fury Road and Jurassic World, which is coming in December.
Through Amazon Channels, Prime members have unlimited streaming access to:
- All episodes of current HBO series like Westward, Divorce, Insecure, Ballers and Game of Thrones.
- Movies such as Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Revenant, Deadpool, Joy, The Martian, Ride Along 2, Sisters and Straight Outta Compton.
- News content such as John Oliver, Bill Maher and Vice.
- All seasons of older HBO originals like The Sopranos, Sex and The City, True Blood, The Wire and Dead Wood.
- Documentaries including Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, 3 1/2 Minutes, Ten Bullets, Everything Is Copy, Jim: The James Foley Story and more.
- Original comedy series from Louis C.K., Amy Schemer, Billy Crystal, Sarah Silverman, Rick Gervais and Robin Williams.
- Cinemax includes The Knick, Quarry, Outcast, Banshee and Strike Back. Cinemax also features movies like American Sniper, Mad Max: Fury Road, Pitch Perfect 2 and Vacation . Train Wreck and Jurassic World are arriving in December.