Even though “Magic Mike XXL” star Amber Heard has been frolicking around London with SpaceX CEO Elon Musk this week, it doesn’t mean estranged husband Johnny Depp is out of her life. The actress might have to face the “Alice Through the Looking Glass” star when she returns to the U.S. for their divorce deposition Saturday, TMZ wrote in an exclusive report Thursday. But things weren’t always tense with the offbeat actor. Listed below is a timeline of their relationship.
- Depp and Heard met during “The Rum Diary.” The former couple met on the set of the film where they played each other’s love interest. Heard and Depp didn’t connect until years later.
- Their romance started in June 2012. Depp broke up with French model and actress Vanessa Paradis, who is the mother of his two children and began his love affair with Heard. He reportedly bought her a horse so they could ride together while he filmed the flop “Lone Ranger.”
- They became engaged January 2014. “Of course they couldn't be happier to be engaged and excited to share the rest of their lives together," a source told People Magazine at the time.
- Depp and Heard were married Feb. 3, 2015. Their nuptials took place on the actor’s private island in the Bahamas. Both his children, Jack and Lily Rose, were in attendance.
- Heard talked about marriage trouble rumors with Marie Claire November 2015. “I try not to react to the horrible misrepresentation of our lives, but it is strange, and hard,” she said.
- Depp gave an odd speech while accepting the Desert Palm Achievement Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival January 2016. “I also have to thank my wife, Amber, for putting up with me,” he said. “For living with all these characters, which can't be easy... It's hard for me, it's gotta be hard for her.”
- Heard called 911 after the alleged assault May 20, 2016. “Johnny continued screaming at me, pulling my hair, striking me and violently grabbing my face,” she said in court documents.
- She filed for divorce May 22, which was two days after his mother, Betty Sue, died at 81 years old.
- Depp responded to the divorce May 26, 2016. “Given the brevity of this marriage and the most recent and tragic loss of his mother, Johnny will not respond to any of the salacious false stories, gossip, misinformation and lies about his personal life,” his rep said. “Hopefully the dissolution of this short marriage will be resolved quickly.”
- Heard’s deposition with take place Saturday. Depp’s lawyers are going to ask her questions about allegations that he physically abused her, TMZ wrote Thursday. The deposition could last as long as 7 hours. During the deposition, there will be statements from police and witnesses read. One of the insiders will reportedly say Heard didn’t have any signs of injury. It’s not clear if Depp will be present, but he has a right to be there. Since Heard filed a restraining order against the Hollywood star, both sides would have to sign off on him being there, TMZ noted. Heard’s lawyer will not object to him being there, a source said. It will be Depp’s turn to sit at the table next week. If the former lovers are going to reach a settlement, it will happen during the depositions.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella