The Countess wasn’t the only one who dreamed of one day becoming a picture star! Lady Gaga, who portrays the sultry, blood-sucking lead on Season 5 of “American Horror Story,” has stated that she “dreamed endlessly” of working in television and film. And now, after scoring a role in one of TV’s most critically acclaimed series, the 29-year-old artist has been honored for her passionate “Hotel” performances by receiving her first Golden Globe nomination.
“I am too excited for words at this recognition for my work!” the flaxen-haired actress said in a statement, thanking the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for her nomination. Lady Gaga continued to celebrate the exciting achievement on Twitter where she issued an apology to her neighbors for her overzealous cheering.
“I apologize to my neighbors I’m still screaming in my apt in NY,” Lady Gaga tweeted. “I’m nominated as an actress for a Golden Globe what a dream is this!”
But this is no dream, Gaga! In the words of Sarah Paulson, Lady Gaga’s fellow “Hotel” star, this is a “richly deserved recognition” for her soulful and emotionally draining performances on the chilling series. Check out nine scenes from Season 5 of “AHS” below that prove why Lady Gaga deserves to be nominated for Best Actress in Limited-series or TV Movie:
1. The Countess isn't afraid to belt it out.
2. She's who's not afraid of a little foul play.
3. The Countess has a type (and now we do, too!).
4. A woman who's sassy ... we like it!
5. Move over, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, because this kiss is going down in history!
6. Lady Gaga oozes glamor and diamonds -- especially in this scene.
7. Too late!
8. The despair in her face deserves a Golden Globe nomination alone! Brava!
9. Sorry, Liz. No one outshines The Countess!
"American Horror Story" airs Wednesday nights on FX at 10 p.m. EST.