Norwegian police Sunday took accused gunman Anders Behring Breivik back to the island of Utoeya to reconstruct the killing of 69 people last month.

Wearing a bullet-proof vest to shield him from revenge attacks, and on a police leash to prevent escape, the 32-year-old Breivik spent eight hours with detectives on the island of Utoeya, retracing his footsteps and replaying the actions he took on July 22 when he attacked a summer camp attended by the young wing of the governing Labor Party, the Daily Mail reported.

And while describing in detail his actions, Breivik showed no remorse.

"The suspect showed he wasn't emotionally unaffected by being back to Utoeya, but didn't show any remorse," prosecutor Paal-Fredrik Hjort Kraby said. "He has been questioned for around 50 hours about this, and he has always been calm, detailed and collaborative, and that was also the case on Utoeya."

At a press conference Sunday, Kraby said Breivik explained what happened, with as little interference as possible from police. The reconstruction, filmed by Norwegian police, will be used as evidence in court, Kraby added.

Breivik, who, in addition to the Utoeya island shootings, admitted to bombing a government building in Oslo, killing eight, denies criminal guilt over both, saying he was making a political statement. He claims he carried out his attacks in the name of Europe, saying that he was starting a war against Islam on the continent.

He faces up to 21 years in prison if he is convicted on charges of terrorism.