Angel Taylor, of The Voice Season 2, wowed viewers during Monday night with her sultry voice and classy style. Learn more about Taylor and her inspiring story here.
The vocalist shined during her audition on the two-hour episode of the NBC hit show, and coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green all said they were impressed by her style and sultry voice.
Angel Taylor, 23, chose Adele's Someone Like You as her audition song, and nailed it, using her smoky voice to hit the range of notes the song requires.
Green was particularly struck by her siging chops, telling her: I enjoyed your performance. That low register is difficult to stay in.
Now that she has secured a spot on Levine's Team Adam on The Voice, Angel Taylor is headed into the next round, and into the hearts of millions of fans.
Here's five things you need to know about Angel Taylor as you watch her further wow the world with her musical skills as The Voice continues in coming weeks:
1. This isn't her first time in the spotlight: Angel Taylor may have a fresh sound and young face, but she'd been on big stages before her appearance on The Voice. She has toured with Adele (maybe that's how Taylor learned to sing Someone Like You so well), Kate Voegele, Brandi Carlile, Five For Fighting, Sugar Ray, and Gavin DeGraw, according to wetpaint.com. That kind of experience was surely influential in getting her before the coaches on The Voice.
2. You may have heard her sing before: Angel Taylor has been getting her music out there for several years, and she got acclaim for it since the start. Her single Make Me Believe was a featured iTunes Single of the Week in March 2009. In 2010 she was chosen as one of VH1's artists on the rise and her song Like You Do was featured on one episode each of the TV shows One Tree Hill and Tough Love. And she even produced her own 2009 album Love Travels, which has earned a perfect 5-star rating on Amazon.com. Maybe all that experience helped her find the confidence and skills needed to impress Adam Levine, the frontman of Maroon 5.
3. She has overcome a rough childhood: On Monday's episode, Angel Taylor discussed the fact that she, her mother and her sisters (one of whom is Ebony Taylor, a former America's Next Top Model contestant) had to flee her abusive father while she was growing up. The story helped to lend emotion to her performance of Someone Like You. Angel Taylor, who is a Los Angeles native, is not ashamed of her past, instead she has said that it was part of what gave her the drive to succeed that has carried her so far in her music career. She once said that she uses music to find hope in the blackness, according to popcrush.com.
4. She has a thing for Blake Shelton: Angel Taylor admitted Monday night that she has a massive crush on country musician and The Voice coach Blake Shelton. Though she ended up siding with Adam Levine's Team Shelton, she didn't hide her love for Shelton at all. Shelton seemed flattered by the admission, telling Taylor, I don't know what I can do for you, but I will be damn proud to try. Let's see how all of this plays out as the competition heats up on Season 2 of The Voice.
5. She enjoys being on tour: Angel Taylor has spent much of her young life on the road, touring with some of the biggest names in popular music. Though she says that she would sometimes rather be in the comfort of home, she says she has a love for travel.
I come from a really close family, and I'd be lying if I didn't say there were times I wished I had my mom to talk to, instead of someone in the van on the way to the next city, she has said. But then, when I'm home, it's never long before I'm itching to be on the road again! When I'm out there playing every night, it's a lot like being able to sing my diary... it's like the memories are with me, and I get to share them with the crowds - it's a win-win!
Relive Angel Taylor's performance on Monday's episode of The Voice by watching the video below: