Before the official iPhone 5 announcement took place, Apple had posted links to a press release for the device on its website. The link was broken, but it was proof to many that the iPhone 5 definitely existed and would be revealed that day.
Apple's iPhone 5 was originally rumored to feature a 4-inch display and an improved quad-core processor, likely to be manufactured using 32nm process technology. Speculations leading up to the announcement also indicated that the iPhone 5 would see improved graphics and a better camera, a new 9-pin mini dock connector, tougher glass, a thinner chassis, international support for LTE, the iWallet, the Photographer's Timer, a migrated FaceTime Camera and earphone jack, and many more.
So what will fans really see in the iPhone 5? Check out the full list below.
FEATURES AND SPECS:
- 4-inch 1136 x 640 display with 16:9 aspect ratio
- Updates software with a 5th row of icons
- Calendar that shows more events. Improved e-mail capacity.
- iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand for the iPhone 5
- Apps can be displayed larger.
- Widescreen video
- Ultrafast Wireless including LTE, HSPA+, and DC-HSDPA. In the U.S. AT&T, Verizon and SPrint will support LTE
- Chip for voice and data, single chip radio
- Full console quality gaming graphics
More to come from Apple's event as we receive it...