Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) have always said that they'll be "bad boys for life." It's been nearly 13 years since fans last saw the two detectives on the big screen, but both will soon return for another installment with "Bad Boys 3." Smith met with producer Jerry Bruckheimer and the two have reportedly agreed to move forward and make the movie.
TMZ reports that Smith and Bruckheimer sat down during the past two days to talk about "Bad Boys 3" and Smith's contract. The two were also working on a script for the film, which explains why not much is known about the plot yet. In a video clip, TMZ asked Bruckheimer if he'd ever make a sequel with someone else other than Smith and Lawrence, like Kevin Hart, and Bruckheimer said he wouldn't. He was vague when asked about the film, but he sounded hopeful.
So far the only known cast members are Smith and Lawrence. It's unknown if Gabrielle Union will return to play Marcus' sister Syd, who was also dating Mike in "Bad Boys II." Joe Pantoliano starred in the first two "Bad Boys" movies as Capt. Howard, so it's possible he could return as Mike and Marcus' boss.
In an interview on BBC Radio 1 in February, Smith confirmed that another "Bad Boys" movie would be made. He said he met with Lawrence recently after not seeing him for years and the idea for another sequel started to grow.
"I haven't seen him for about two years. We just looked at each other. We hugged. In that moment, we knew we were making another 'Bad Boys.' We're definitely doing another one," Smith dished.
The Wrap reports that Sony has confirmed not just "Bad Boys 3," but there are plans for a "Bad Boys 4" to be released in 2019. Michael Bay directed the first two installments, but it's unclear if he'll be back to direct the next two sequels.
"Bad Boys 3" is expected to hit theaters on Feb. 17, 2017.