Thursday morning, Angela "Big Ang" Raiola's family took to social media to announce that the lovable reality star lost her battle with cancer. Big Ang, given her nickname because of her almost six-foot height, died in a New York City hospital surrounded by her family and her friends. She was 55.
Big Ang was diagnosed with throat cancer last March and underwent two aggressive surgeries to treat it. However, in December she learned the cancer had returned and had spread to her brain and lungs.
Big Ang, one of the stars of VH1's "Mob Wives," was known for her over-the-top personality and caring nature. She often tried to play the peacemaker between her VH1 co-stars and frequently provided a bit of comedic relief on the drama-filled show with her witty one-liners and hilarious words of wisdom.
Even though the reality star has passed, Big Ang left behind plenty of life lessons. Check out 11 of her best quotes below:
- "I’m not here for a long time, I’m here for a good time!"
- "Water’s for fish. I’ll drink this." (referring to vodka)
- "I don’t believe in going Dutch… it’s not my style… never will be, never gonna be.”
- "Party first, worry later."
- "I wanna have a Bloody Mary going to the mouth. That’s the only exercise I want. Wrist to elbow, wrist to elbow."
- "Everybody loves me."
- "I’m the boss and I’ll always be the boss."
- "Whatever happened to 'Hello?' Now everybody’s like this: Twitter, Texting, Instagramming. They’re looking at their Facebook. Get the f--- off!"
- "Going to the gym is like slow f---king death."
- "Life is too short for petty grudges."
- "I don’t want no drama… I wanna have fun and get whacked."