The Casey Anthony trial gained momentum on Wednesday as two former roommates of Casey Anthony and her ex-boyfriend testified that she never looked worried, depressed or angry after her daughter went missing.

The trial of Casey Anthony, a 25-year-old Florida mother, charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in 2008, began on Tuesday at the Orange County Courthouse in Orlando, Florida.

Tony Lazaro testified on Wednesday that he and Casey became friends on Facebook and later met in a party in May, 2008. They soon began to live together, along with other roommates.

Lazzaro testified that on the evening of June 16 (the day caylee was last seen alive), Casey and he had gone to a Blockbuster Video.

When asked by the prosecutor to describe her demeanor, Lazzaro said she was perky as she was everyday. There was nothing unusual or strange in her behavior. It was the way she was every day, happy, Lazzaro said. Happy to see me.

The security camera in the video store captured them, walking like two lovers, hand in hand.

The ex-roommates testified that they met Caylee several times, but since June 16 she never came to the apartment. Sometimes when they would ask Casey about Caylee's whereabouts, Casey would always tell them she was with her nanny.

After her daughter disappeared, Casey never appeared worried, depressed or angry, they said.

Casey looked normal, cooking, cleaning and helping around the apartment, they said. They also testified that they never saw Casey mistreat Caylee.

Maria Kissh, a girlfriend of one of the roommates, testified Casey once told her that Caylee's father was dead.

Casey's neighbor also testified that she had borrowed a shovel from him two days after the little girl was last seen alive.

Brian Burner testified that Casey had asked him on June 18 if she could borrow a shovel to dig up a bamboo root. She returned the shovel about an hour later, he said.

Jose Baez, Casey's attorney, has insisted that Caylee drowned in her grandparents' swimming pool by accident. Baez said Casey's father, George Anthony, knew of caylee's death and helped Casey to cover up the incident.

However, the prosecutors claim Caylee was stifled to death by Casey who placed three pieces of duct tape over her mouth and nose.

Caylee could not be seen since June 16 but after a month Casey reported to her parents that Caylee was missing. During that time, she had lied to hide whereabouts of Caylee. At the same time, Casey Anthony partied at a nightclub, promoted nightclub events such as a hard body contest, did shopping and visited friends.

Caylee's body was found December 11, 2008, in a wooded area a 15-minute walk from the Anthony home by a meter reader.

The prosecutors and the defense agree that Caylee died on June 16, 2008, and that Casey's behavior was inappropriate for a mother who lost a child.

The prosecutors claim Casey is a chronic liar, which the state has reams of evidence to back up.

However, Baez claims Casey's odd behavior is connected to her being a victim of sexual abuse. The lawyer said Casey was sexually abused by her father, when she was only 8 years old. And her brother also attacked her sexually.

However, when George Anthony took the witness stand on Tuesday, he denied it all.

Did you ever sexually molest your daughter Casey? prosecutor Jeff Ashton asked.

No sir, George replied.

Were you present when Caylee Anthony died? Ashton continued.

No, and when I heard that today it hurt really bad, George said, almost crying.

The prosecutors claim Casey likes to party and shop and didn't want to be tied down with a baby. As Casey felt burdened by her motherhood, she used chloroform to subdue Caylee before proceeding to tape her mouth and nose with duct tape and hiding the body.

They believe Caylee's decaying body had been stored in Casey's car as her mother had once reported to a 911 dispatcher that she noticed a foul odor - It smells like there has been a dead body in the damn car - coming from Casey's car which she spotted in an impound lot.

On Wednesday, Maria testified she had traveled in Casey's car but neither she nor any of her friends could detect any odor.

Lazzaro also said he could not detect any odor when, on June 23, he helped her store two gas cans inside the trunk of her car when it ran out of gas. Lazzaro said Casey never did anything to keep him from getting close to the car.

The trial is expected to continue for 6 and 8 week. If convicted in the case, Casey could be sentenced to death.