Many companies make products that are Apple-centric, but SolarFocus is different. It has made the world's first solar-powered Kindle cover, which will be showcased at Consumer Electronics Show 2012 in Las Vegas this week.
SolarKindle features an eco-friendly design with a flexible, lightweight high performance solar panel built right into the cover and a dual-charging (USB/solar) reserve battery that greatly extends the reading time - with a guarantee of three-months of unplugged Kindle usage under normal sunlight.
The cover also has a built-in LED reading lamp, which can be powered continuously for up to 50 hours without using the Kindle's main battery, for illumination.
The cover is fashionable too, as it is wrapped in premium leather.
For the past six years, SolarFocus has been dedicated to developing the most technologically advanced portable solar powered solutions for consumers, SolarFocus Executive Vice President Dick Lu said. From starting the company in a brand new and undeveloped market, to establishing the SolarFocus brand of outdoor solar powered products, we are very happy to see our SolarKindle Lighted Cover receive such honorable recognition from the International CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Awards. We will continuously improve the price/performance ratio of our solar powered solutions on even more consumer electronic products to reduce carbon emissions.
A quick look at the SolarKindle's features:
• Solar powered e-reader cover with flexible, lightweight solar panel built into the cover.
• Dual-charging (USB/solar) reserve battery greatly extends reading time.
• 3-month guarantee for unplugged Kindle use under normal sunlight environment.
• LED reading lamp turns on with one touch release.
• Integrated reserve battery runs the LED lamp for up to 50 hours continuously without using the Kindle's main battery.
• Integrated reserve battery can also transfer energy to the Kindle's main battery to extend reading time.
• Integrated solar panel collects and converts solar energy on the go - one hour under direct sunlight can provide up to 3 days reading time.
• Premium leather cover.
The cover, which has helped SolarFocus become the recipient of the CES 2012 Innovation Award, will be available from Jan. 15. It is priced at $79.99 from www.solarmio.com and other retailers.