Chelsea Transfer News: Falcao, Neymar, Schurrle And Bony Discussed In Latest Speculation

on April 05 2013 1:20 PM
Andre Schurrle
Andre Schurrle has scored 11 goals and contributed six assists in the Bundesliga for Bayer Leverkusen this season. Reuters

Chelsea will offer a cash-plus-player deal involving young Belgian Kevin de Bruyne in a bid to finally land Bayer Leverkusen forward Andre Schurrle this summer, according to German publication Bild.

Schurrle was heavily tracked by the Blues last summer, with a bid of £16 million said to have been rejected by the Bundesliga outfit. But now it is reported that a deal could well go ahead for a fee of between €12 million (£10.2m) and €15 million (£12.7m) as well as De Bruyne.

The midfielder has never made a competitive appearance for Chelsea since signing from Genk for £7 million last January. He has impressed on loan at Werder Bremen this season and appears to have caught the eye of Leverkusen boss Sami Hyypia.

“He is a good player. And good players are always interesting players,” he said.

But Hyypia was giving nothing away about the future of Schurrle.

"Of course, we try to keep the best players on the team,” he added.

Schurrle can play through the middle, but has primarily been deployed for both Leverkusen and Germany on the left. He has scored 11 goals and contributed seven assists this season.

Chelsea also continue to be linked with central strikers this summer. One of the names most frequently mentioned in connection with a move to Stamford Bridge, Wilfried Bony, has spoken highly of the Blues.

The Vitesse Arnhem front man has struck 27 goals in 25 Eredivisie matches this season and interest in the Ivory Coast international is thought to be high. But Bony has hinted that he would welcome a chance to join Chelsea.

"It's nice to hear that clubs are interested in me. Chelsea are a big and beautiful club," the 24-year-old said, according to Dutch publication De Telegraaf.

"But this is not the right moment to think about a transfer. I want to focus on the remaining seven games of the season with Vitesse."

Of course, the bulk of the speculation continues to focus on Chelsea’s interest in Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao.

The Daily Express has emerged with the latest report, claiming that the Colombia international has now decided to move this summer and his agent, Jorge Mendes, has informed leading scouts across Europe of his client’s intentions.

Such a move would doubtless spark a frenzy among several top clubs, with Manchester City, Real Madrid and Chelsea all thought to be interested in Falcao. The 27-year-old has scored 25 goals during this campaign.  

One star who it appears won’t be moving to Stamford Bridge this summer is Brazil international Neymar. Frequently linked to most of Europe’s top clubs, the 21-year-old and his club Santos have frequently said that he will stay put until after Brazil host the 2014 World Cup.

Yet, with Neymar’s contract currently set to expire next year, there had been a thought that Santos may be forced to cash-in on the player this summer. However, the forward has now revealed that his father and representative is in talks over a new deal.

“Talks are underway, but they are more with my father than with me,” he said, according to Sky Sports

More News from IBT MEDIA