Despite opening their Premier League campaign with two wins from as many matches, Chelsea remain intent on adding to their squad before the close of the transfer window at the end of August.

While three attacking midfielders have been signed--Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin-- there remains a lack of firepower up front to convert the chances the trio is sure to create. Didier Drogba has departed and Romelu Lukaku has been allowed to go on a season-long loan to West Brom, meaning that Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge are the side's only established striking options.

On Wednesday, Edinson Cavani has once again been linked as the man to replace the gaping void left by Drogba's exit. According to the Sun, the Blues will make a £35 million offer to try and land the Napoli hit man.

Having enjoyed two prolific seasons in Naples, even an offer of that magnitude may not be enough to tempt the Serie A outfit into doing a deal. There have also been reports that Cavani will demand £150,000-a-week in wages, presenting another potential stumbling block.

The Sun claims that if a deal for Cavani cannot be done before the deadline, coach Roberto Di Matteo will turn instead to another long-standing target: Hulk. It is alleged that Chelsea are ready to offer Porto £45 million for the Brazilian.

However, while Hulk is capable of playing as the main striker, he has flourished both in Portugal and for Brazil primarily on the right of a three-pronged attack. Chelsea have so far been reluctant to meet Porto's extremely high asking price for the 26-year-old.

Chelsea have also reportedly been in negotiations to sign German forward Andre Schurrle this summer. It has been widely claimed that the Blues had a £16 million offer for the 21-year-old turned down by Bayer Leverkusen.

While speculation has suggested Chelsea could still be in the hunt for Schurrle, Leverkusen have insisted he is not for sale this summer.

"Andre Schurrle is an important player of our club," chief executive Wolfgang Holzhauser said, according to Sky Sports.

"There is no asking price in this case as there is no alternative solution. We have already said everything about this."

One move that does look like it will finally go through is the signing of Spanish right-back Cesar Azpilicueta. The Daily Mail claims that the 22-year-old has been left out of Marseille's squad for the Europa League match with FC Sheriff Tiraspol on Thursday, in order that he can complete his long-awaited move to Stamford Bridge before the end of the week.

L'Equipe has also claimed that Azpilicueta has played his last match with the French side.

The deal would end Chelsea's long-running hunt for an established right-back. With Jose Bosingwa having been allowed to leave, the Blues have just Branislav Ivanovic--a more natural center back--and veteran Paulo Ferreira as options on the right of defense.

Azpilicueta is highly-rated in Spain and was a member of the country's squad for this summer's Olympic Games. He is set to cost in the region of £7 million.