Chelsea are poised to make their fourth major signing of the summer with the news that Wigan have accepted a bid for Victor Moses. The Blues have chased the winger for much of the summer and a Wigan statement was quick to point out the frustration in the lengthy negotiations.

"The club can confirm that after four unsuccessful bids from Chelsea for Victor Moses, a fifth bid has today finally met the valuation and terms set by Wigan Athletic and been accepted," the statement reads on Wigan's website. "The player has been given permission to speak with Chelsea."

With Moses having just a year remaining on his contract with the Latics, the Blues were reluctant to meet Wigan's valuation, thought to be in the region of £9 million.

Moses ' final game for Wigan looks to have been the 2-0 defeat to Chelsea on the opening day of the Premier League season on Saturday.

While that deal looks set to be finally wrapped-up, the same cannot be said for Chelsea's pursuit of Marseille's Spanish right-back Cesar Azpilicueta.

Reports in France earlier in the week had suggested that the Blues were poised to agree the signing for an estimated £7 million. However, Marseille chairman Vincent Labrune has suggested that these claims are wide of the mark.

"I do not know who started this story, but they are totally wrong," he said, according to Sky Sports.

"It surely comes from agents that have an interest in the deal.

"Maybe they imagine that by running around making a noise about 8 million euros it will make a difference, but it will not.

"For the moment nothing is happening."

Chelsea's desire for an established right-back has only been exacerbated by the summer departure of Jose Bosingwa.

Another position that the Blues are looking to strengthen before the close of the transfer window is up-front. Currently Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge are the only two established strikers at the club. Speculation continues that Chelsea are attempting to sign Edinson Cavani, but there have also been suggestions that they made a move for Borussia Dortmund's Robert Lewandowski earlier this summer.

The German side are intent on hanging onto the 24-year-old, however.

"There have been enquiries from several clubs," Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said.

"Our position has not changed since March--Lewandowski still plays at Dortmund.

"There were other clubs interested in him. I am repeating myself but Lewandowski will play next season for Dortmund.'

Metro claims that Chelsea and Manchester United were two of the clubs eager to sign the Poland international, who enjoyed a prolific season in the Bundesliga last term.

There was speculation involving one of Chelsea's own stars on Thursday as the Sun claimed that the Blues had rejected a massive £30 million offer from Manchester City for David Luiz. The report even alleges that the Brazilian defender was left out of Wednesday night's squad against Reading because the two clubs were locked in negotiations, despite Luiz claiming that he had a knee injury.

The story is contradicted by Sky Sports, however, who claim that their sources believe that City have not made a bid for Luiz and have no intention of doing so.