Chris Brown and Rihanna are still going strong, and Brown spoke to radio personality Ryan Seacrest on Tuesday about how he won her back.
“It’s all about my responsibility,” he told Seacrest in an interview with KIIS-FM radio. Brown infamously assaulted Rihanna in 2009 while they were together, leaving her face bloodied and bruised the night before the Grammy Awards. They did not speak for at least two years after the incident.
The 23-year-old singer says that he took full responsibility for his actions on that fateful night, and is “eternally grateful” that Rihanna forgave him.
“I just tried my best to be the best man I could be over the years and just show her how remorseful and sorry I was for the incident and that time was probably the worst part of my life and being that she has and she’s a wonderful person I’m eternally grateful and thankful,” he said.
Just earlier this month, Brown told the Daily Star that he and Rihanna are in love, and that they are “meant to be together.”
It is rumored that the pair may be marrying soon, as a source told Perez Hilton that they're engaged and have planned a late July wedding in Rihanna's home country.
In February, Rihanna spoke to Rolling Stone magazine about their relationship, and how he makes her feel content.
"I decided it was more important for me to be happy, and I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that,” she said.
“Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."