Despite a reunion with her ex, Tiger Woods, last month, Elin Nordegren is reportedly dating billionaire coal tycoon, Chris Cline, who is 20 years her senior and the owner of Foresight Energy.
According to The New York Post’s Page Six, 33-year-old Nordegren has been “quietly dating” 53-year-old Cline, who happens to be her neighbor in Florida. The Swedish blonde former model has a home, which she demolished and re-built following her tumultuous split with Woods, nearby Cline, in the North Palm Beach oceanfront community of Seminole Landing in Florida.
Continue Reading Below
“Elin and Chris have been dating since the holidays,” a source told Page Six.
However, Nordegren accompanied 37-year-old Woods last month to a youth sporting event in Jupiter, Fla., with their children, 5-year-old Sam and 4-year-old Charlie. According to TMZ, the former couple "appeared to enjoy each other's company” and were seen chatting for 30 minutes or so.
The blonde beauty and the golfer divorced in 2010 after reports surfaced that he had cheated during the couple's five-year marriage. Following the highly publicized split, it was reported that Nordegren would get anywhere between $100 million and $750 million in divorce settlements, though the exact amount was never clear.
Meanwhile reports indicate that Woods is dating Olympic skier, Lindsey Vonn, though neither camp has confirmed or denied the rumors. Page Six reported Vonn and Woods are in fact not dating.
So who is the man Nordegren is allegedly dating? Here are nine things to know about billionaire Chris Cline.
1. Cline is the coal tycoon of Foresight Energy, which produces 20 million tons a year and controls most of it in Illinois. The company, which boasts the Carlyle Group as a top investor, has filed for an IPO, which could take place this year.
2. He’s worth a reported $1.2 billion. He’s also number 360 on the Forbes 400. In 2010, Bloomberg called Cline "New King Cole."
3. He is a West Virginia native, where his grandfather mined for coal in Beckley.
4. Forbes wrote that Cline also started out excavating dirt underneath his family porch at 6 years old and getting paid pennies from his dad.
5. Cline is 53 years old, 20 years Nordegren’s senior.
6. He dropped out of Marshall University, Forbes reported.
7. Nordegren and Cline live in mansions in close proximity in the North Palm Beach oceanfront community of Seminole Landing, Fla., reports The Post. His home is over 34,000-square feet.
8. According to Page Six, Cline was involved in a bizarre scandal last year. He was reportedly part of an extortion plot led by an aspiring actor against Cline, Harvey Weinstein, Groupon’s Eric Lefkofsky and Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pergula, The Post reported. A letter had been sent to Cline demanding $13 million and if he didn’t pay up, the plotter would harm his family.
9. He has four children.
10. Cline could be perceived as a bit of a playboy, having been married twice. His most recent divorce was in 2000.
11. He’s a Republican. Page Six reported Cline held a fund-raising party in September for then-presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
12. Cline owns a luxury yacht called Mine Games, Bloomberg reported. It has five staterooms and a two-person submarine.