The Coca-Cola Co. said on Tuesday it acquired a controlling stake in Kerry Beverages Limited (KBL), its bottling joint venture with the Kerry Group, a conglomerate based in Hong Kong.

Terms were not disclosed.

KBL was formed by Coca-Cola and the Kerry Group in 1993, and has majority ownership in 11 joint ventures that manufacture and distribute products of Coca-Cola in nine provinces of China.

After the deal, Coca-Cola will hold 89.5 percent of KBL, and will have agreed to purchase the remaining 10.5 percent by the end of 2008.