- United Colors of Benetton Launches 'Unhate' Campaign, Less Edgy Than Previous Ads
September 18 2012 1:17 PM
The latest United Colors of Benetton promotional campaign, valued at approximately $26 million, will give seed money to young entrepreneurs whose ideas are most popular among registered visitors to the company's site.
- The Korean Men Makeup Fad: South Korea Is Largest Market For Men?s Skincare In The World
September 18 2012 11:19 AM
Men and makeup aren't necessarily commonplace ideas in the United States, but according to new market research South Korea is the largest market in the world for men's skincare thanks to fad that has developed over recent years with Korean men wearing makeup.
- The Top Post-Market Nasdaq Movers (Brightcove, Body Central, Renewable Energy, 3SBio, AngioDynamics, Kraft Foods, Idenix, TriQuint, Take-Two Interactive, Tree.com)
September 18 2012 1:33 AM
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Monday were Brightcove Inc, Body Central Corp, Renewable Energy Group, 3SBio Inc and AngioDynamics Inc. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Kraft Foods Group, Idenix Pharmaceuticals Inc, TriQuint Semiconductor, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc and Tree.com.
- Apple Tops $700 Mark, Year After Hitting $400
September 17 2012 4:12 PM
Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) surged past $700 for the first time, just a year after topping $400. The move brings Apple's market value to about $650 billion, cementing its 2012 role as the world's most valuable company, ahead of Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM).
- $105,000 Kitchen (Stove Not Included): Electrolux Going After Market Most Can Only Dream Of
September 17 2012 3:45 PM
Swedish home appliance maker embarks on small market for very expensive kitchens. For the rest of us: It recently began selling its Frigidaire brand at The Home Depot.
- US Treasury Resists GM Plan For Government Stake Sale: WSJ
September 17 2012 2:31 PM
The U.S. Treasury Department is unwilling to sell the government's stake in General Motors Co because a sale now would mean huge investment losses, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing people close to the matter.
- GE And ING Seek To Flee A Recovering Thailand
September 17 2012 12:49 PM
General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) and ING Groep NV (NYSE: ING) may sell their stakes in two Thailand banks, but their message to Asia's 11th largest economy could very well be, "It's not you, it's us."
- Freemium Rush: Free-To-Play Gaming Now Makes Up More Than Half Of European Market, But Packaged Video Games Still Drive Eurozone Revenue [REPORT]
September 17 2012 11:35 AM
Freemium video games like "FarmVille 2" and "Angry Birds," the cheap and easily accessible counterpart to premium boxed copies of "Skyrim" or "Call of Duty" that run players upwards of $50 or $60 a sale, now make up more than half of the total market for video games in Europe, a new study shows.
- Starbucks Japan Gets On The Pop-Up Cafe Bandwagon
September 17 2012 11:11 AM
The world's largest coffee chain has opened a tiny pop-up cafe in a fashionable Tokyo district with an odd ordering process.
- Google Continues Its Opposition Against Aliyun OS; Andy Rubin Draws Focus To Its Android Similarity
September 17 2012 6:01 AM
After Google stopped Acer from launching a phone based on Aliyun OS, described non-compatible with build of Android, Google's Andy Rubin, Senior Vice President, Mobile and Digital Content, continued his fight against Alibaba, which coordinated on Aliyun development with Acer, The Verge reported.
- First Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Begin Shipping From China; Enthusiasts Start Camping Outside Flagship Apple Stores
September 17 2012 3:40 AM
As the launch date for Apple iPhone 5 comes closer, customers who placed the first preorders for iPhone 5 are noticing updates that point to their orders being shipped from China, AppleInsider reported.
- CAW Chooses Ford In Effort To Secure Pattern Contract
September 16 2012 11:11 PM
The Canadian Auto Workers, or CAW, will concentrate on the Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) as it attempts to negotiate a collective-bargaining agreement in the roughly 24 hours left before its fast-approaching strike deadline on Monday at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Occupy Wall Street - Passé Or Canary In A Coal Mine?
September 16 2012 11:32 AM
The Occupy Wall Street protest movement is expected to resume Monday, on the 1-year anniversary of the protests. Is the coalition passé and irrelevant? Or is it a canary in a coalmine - an indicator of worsening economic and social problems in the United States?
- Warren Buffett Smiles Bright On Completion Of Cancer Treatments
September 16 2012 7:07 AM
There is some good news cheering up Warren Buffet, the Oracle of Omaha, as he announced completion of cancer treatments, Sept.14.
- Malware Infects PCs Even Before They Reach Retail Shops, Says Microsoft Study (VIDEO)
September 16 2012 6:22 AM
A new study conducted by Microsoft dubbed Operation b70, from Aug. 2011, shows that several computers carry malware installed in the factory, BBC News reported.
- Zynga Lashes Back At EA With Countersuit, Hires Samsung?s Law Firm To Take On Rival Game Developer
September 15 2012 7:46 PM
Tensions between Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) and Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) exploded all over again Friday as Zynga mustered an aggressive rejoinder to the copyright-infringement lawsuit filed against it by EA last month.
- Amazon Sales Now Taxable In California
September 15 2012 11:00 AM
Amazon's sales tax exemption in California expired at midnight Saturday. The mammoth online retailer had cut a deal with state lawmakers last year, but the free ride is now over.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Approaches: Of Verizon, AT&T, Or Sprint, Which Is The Best Carrier For LTE Coverage?
September 15 2012 10:53 AM
Apple's first batch of pre-orders for the new iPhone 5 came and went on Friday, but even though the online Apple Store, AT&T stores and Verizon's retail stores are sold out of their initial pre-order stock, there are still thousands of customers dying to get their hands on Apple's latest smartphone innovation. Yet, one thing customers want to know about iPhone 5 before its release date next Friday is about which carrier to choose. Which carrier has the best overall coverage? Which carri...
- Top Post-Market Nasdaq Movers (MIPS, Star Scientific, ACADIA, Alpha and Omega, Nanosphere, Orexigen, Fulton, Acme)
September 15 2012 1:17 AM
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Friday were MIPS Technologies, Star Scientific Inc, ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc and Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Nanosphere Inc, Orexigen Therapeutics Inc, Fulton Financial Corporation and Acme Packet Inc.
- Four Things That Could Lift The Dow Jones Industrial Average Even Higher
September 14 2012 11:26 PM
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI: DJI) gained another 53.51 points, or 0.40 percent, on Friday to close at 13,593.37, the highest level in nearly five years. However, many uncertainties remain. Here are four factors that could make -- or break -- the Dow's continued ascent.