- Google Introduces Three Motorola Razr Phones Ahead Of Apple Units
September 05 2012 3:09 PM
Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, which now owns the Motorola brand, refreshed its product line with three new members of the Razr brand line in a bid to recapture past success. They’re the first major new lines since Google completed the $12.5 billion acquisition of the former Motorola Mobility in May.
- TransCanada Submits Revised Route For Keystone XL Pipeline
September 05 2012 1:41 PM
TransCanada submits a new route for its proposed Keystone XL Pipeline that skirts ecologically sensitive areas in Nebraska. A State Department decision is expected early next year.
- Latin America's Five Most Competitive Countries (And One Slacker)
September 05 2012 12:27 PM
Chile retained its top spot among Latin American economies as the most economically competitive nation, while its neighbor to the east continued falling, according to a report from the World Economic Forum, which hosts the annual economic summit in Davos, Switzerland.
- Capcom Unveils New Strategy In Attempt To Raise Profits
September 05 2012 11:36 AM
Capcom, who has been facing tumbling revenue over the past few quarters, has come up with a plan to turn things around. These plans include smaller development teams and shorter development schedules.
- Nokia Debuts 2 Windows-based Lumias But Shares Plunge 13%
September 05 2012 11:11 AM
Despite taking the wraps off its anticipated Lumia smartphones using the new Windows 8 from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, Nokia’s shares plunged 11 percent after CEO Stephen Elop claimed, “We need to succeed with this and take it to the next step.”
- Tiny UAE Is No. 3 Most Important Aircraft Market: Airbus
September 05 2012 10:56 AM
The UAE is expected to spend an average of $11 billion a year through 2031 on an estimated 882 commercial aircraft, according to a report by Airbus on the global market for aircraft.
- American Airlines Pilot Contracts Can Be Abandoned, Judge Says
September 05 2012 10:46 AM
AMR Corporation's (PINK: AAMRQ) American Airlines took a major step toward emerging from bankruptcy after a federal judge tossed out its pilots' union contract, ending a dispute with the only union it had failed to reach a deal with on concessions.
- Facebook Stock Prices Swing Amid Mark Zuckerberg's Reassuring Vows To Boost Investor Confidence
September 05 2012 7:35 AM
Facebook's (FB) stock continued to witness swinging fortunes as its prices hit an all-time low of $17.55 Tuesday before closing at $17.72, almost 1.82 percent lower than the previous close. Amidst the fluctuating fortunes, CEO Mark Zuckerberg declared that he would not sell any shares at least for another one year.
- Boeing Says China Will Need 5,260 New Airplanes By 2031
September 05 2012 6:30 AM
China will need 5,260 new commercial airplanes, valued at $670 billion, over the next 20 years, according to Boeing, one of the providers of passenger airplanes for China.
- Samsung Dominates Western European Phone Market In Q2, Apple Impacted By iPhone 5 Rumors: IDC
September 05 2012 6:14 AM
On the heels of a positive first quarter, the Western European mobile phone market failed to maintain a positive trend, due to a weaker economic environment and the new product launches expected in the third quarter, said a new report by market research firm IDC. The total shipments of devices dropped 1.9 percent year on year to 42.1 million units.
- Apple (AAPL) Awards Recently Promoted Top Executives With $50 Million Stock Grants Ahead Of iPhone 5 Launch
September 05 2012 5:15 AM
As the countdown for the next-generation iPhone launch, largely viewed as "iPhone 5" knocks down to a week, news of recently promoted Apple (AAPL) executives receiving generous stock grants worth over $50 million is making waves.
- Apple iPhone 5 Sept. 12 Media Event Officially Confirmed: Will It Excel Samsung Galaxy S3?
September 05 2012 2:52 AM
Turning long-running speculations into fact, Apple sent out invitations Tuesday, confirming a special media event related to the next iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," in San Francisco on Sept. 12. The event is scheduled to take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 10 am PT.
- Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Wendy's, Santarus, Sarepta, Glu, Facebook, FEI, Education Management, ONYX, Bloomin' Brands, Francesca's Holdings)
September 05 2012 2:01 AM
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Tuesday were Wendy's Company, Santarus Inc, Sarepta Therapeutics Inc, Glu Mobile Inc and Facebook.
- Fastest Growth in Services PMI in 6 Months
September 05 2012 1:59 AM
August saw the Indian private sector business growing at its swiftest in six months. The rapid progress was augmented by development in new business since February amid increasing optimism about the future, according to a survey on Wednesday.
- GM Turns to China to Crack India's Tough Car Market
September 05 2012 12:14 AM
General Motors Co began initial production of its first ever Chinese-designed car for the Indian market this week, a major step for the U.S. automaker as it tries to scale up in a market where foreign companies have struggled.
- Lord & Taylor Owner Hudson's Bay Co., North America's Oldest Retailer, Prepares IPO
September 04 2012 5:56 PM
Hudson's Bay Co., the owner of Lord & Taylor and North America's oldest continuously operating retailer, plans to go public on the Toronto Stock Exchange by November in one of the biggest retailer offerings since the financial crisis began, according to reports.
- US Car Sales Indicate Economic Recovery in August
September 04 2012 5:30 PM
Global carmakers reported robust sales growth in August, indicating improving consumer sentiment and demand by small businesses and contractors. Companies including Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), General Motors Company (NYSE: GM), Honda Motor Co. (NYSE: HMC) and Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: TM) all reported major gains.
- Manchester United: A Financial Scouting Report
September 04 2012 4:04 PM
Manchester United PLC (NYSE: MANU), the 19-time English Premier League soccer champion, is valued at an average of $17 per share.
- Best Buy's New CEO Says He's Going To Work The Cash Register In His First Week
September 04 2012 3:12 PM
Hubert Joly, the new CEO of Best Buy Co. Inc. (NYSE: BBY), is going to spend his first week on the job pulling the old king-as-commoner routine, donning the company's uniform and working a few of the showrooms.
- Big Grain Companies Reap Profits As Global Food Prices Soar And Poor Go Hungry
September 04 2012 2:52 PM
Archer Daniels Midland, Bunge, Cargill, and Louis Dreyfus, the big four companies of the grain market, are doing all right as gobal food prices spike. According to non-profit groups, they are doing so partially at the expense of hungry people.