Put on your dancing shoes because the premiere of “Dancing With the Stars” is almost here! ABC has released a synopsis for the first episode of Season 21, and it looks like the reality show will make a bigger splash than ever with chart-topping songs and record-breaking routines.
The two-night premiere will begin “with the biggest number in 'DWTS; history shot on Hollywood Boulevard,” the synopsis teases. After the big opening, the competitors will compete with a variety of dances in the two-hour episode. They’ll perform the cha-cha, foxtrot, salsa, quickstep or jive to win audience votes. Because it’s the first week, no one will be eliminated. Check out the pairings and what songs they’ll be dancing to below:
- Alek Skarlatos and Lindsay Arnold – “Ten Feet Tall” by Afrojack featuring Wrabel
- Alexa PenaVega and Mark Ballas – “Whistle (While You Work It)” by Katy Tiz
- Andy Grammer and Allison Holker – “Marvin Gaye” by Charlie Puth featuring Meghan Trainor
- Bindi Irwin and Derek Hough – “Crocodile Rock” by Elton John
- Carlos PenaVega and Witney Carson – “I Got You (I Feel Good)” by James Brown
- Chaka Khan and Keo Motsepe – “I Feel for You” by Chaka Khan
- Gary Busey and Anna Trebunskaya – “Dancing in the Street” by David Bowie and Mick Jagger
- Hayes Grier and Emma Slater – “Cheerleader” by Omi
- Kim Zolciak Biermann and Tony Dovolani – “Hey Mama” by David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj, Afrojack and Bebe Rexha
- Nick Carter and Sharna Burgess – “I Don’t Like It, I Love It” by Flo Rida featuring Robin Thicke
- Paula Deen and Louis van Amstel – “Hey Good Lookin' ” by Carol Welsman
- Tamar Braxton and Valentin Chmerkovskiy – “Do Your Thing” by Basement Jaxx
- Victor Espinoza and Karina Smirnoff – “G.D.F.R.” by Flo Rida
On Tuesday, the premiere continues with another two-hour episode. The judges and fans will have a chance to watch Monday night’s dances again, but this isn’t just a rerun. The second part of the premiere promises to be “packed with never before seen footage from the night before, extended training packages, exclusive interviews with the couples, and a glimpse of what’s to come on week 2 of ‘Dancing With the Stars,’” according to the synopsis.
Watch a trailer for the “DWTS” Season 21 premiere below:
“Dancing With the Stars” Season 21 premieres Monday at 8 p.m. EDT on ABC.