- There are many reasons that drive the decision of home buyers to make a purchase at a particular time.
- Four in ten buyers felt it was the right time to buy a home while
one in five felt they had little choice about the timing of their
- A majority of first-time buyers (52 percent) felt that it was the
right time to purchase compared with over one-third (37 percent) of
repeat buyers. A larger share of repeat buyers (25 percent) than
first-time buyers (10 percent) had little choice in the timing.
- Fourteen percent of buyers were prompted to purchase a home when
they did based on improved affordability with little variation between
first-time and repeat buyers.
- The 2008 Profile of Home Buyers & Sellers can be downloaded here.