- The Real Culprit Behind China's High Housing Prices
March 06 2014 2:37 PM
A Chinese property tycoon blamed bureaucratic red tape for unsustainable housing prices.
- World's Youngest Billionaire Is Shrouded In Secrecy
March 06 2014 11:43 AM
Move over, Dustin Moskovitz! The new youngest billionaire in the world is in town.
- The Firms Behind Some Of The World's Coolest Architecture Designs
March 05 2014 8:58 AM
ECADI, the architects behind five of the tallest buildings, acquired Wilson Associates, one of the world's leading interior architecture firms.
- Relocating To Singapore? Not So Fast
March 04 2014 2:09 PM
The Southeast Asian nation is now the most expensive city to live in.
- Are China's Millionaires The Answer To Europe's Recession?
March 04 2014 10:44 AM
European countries are opening their doors to wealthy Chinese, as Canada says no. What's the impact of the capital flow?
- Controversial Indian Corporate Leader Arrested For $3.9B Scam
February 28 2014 3:15 AM
Subrata Roy heads India's Sahara Group, which runs New York's Plaza Hotel, has been under the scanner for a multi-billion dollar fraud.
- US Housing Recovery Slows Down, With A Cloudy Outlook
February 25 2014 12:20 PM
Yale University economics professor Robert Shiller said an annual fall in home prices is a potential threat in 2014, if several risks converge.
- The US Government Owns A Lot Of Buildings
February 24 2014 12:12 PM
What's more, the federal government says that about 77,000 are unneeded or underused.
- Singapore's Land Prices Soar, But Property Values Lag Behind
February 21 2014 6:00 AM
Profit margins are falling hard for Singapore properties, but foreign developers don't seem to care.
- Blackstone Bonds: Analyzing The Rental Income Dip
February 20 2014 12:14 PM
Blackstone’s innovative rental-backed security launched late last year in a $480 million offering.
- Are Sweden's Home Prices About To Plunge?
February 20 2014 12:12 PM
After 10 years of strong growth, Sweden boasts record home prices, but experts remain divided over whether it's a bubble.
- Jan. US Housing Starts Slump
February 19 2014 11:30 AM
Is it a momentary pause in the U.S. housing sector's recovery, due to the winter slowdown in construction, or the sign of a deeper problem?
- Now That's A Tunnel
February 17 2014 11:37 AM
China's 76-mile-long project would serve as an important link between frigid northern China and its tropical south.
- What Makes Melbourne The Most ‘Liveable’ City In The World?
February 14 2014 6:18 AM
The man behind the Economist Intelligence Unit’s annual “liveability” report is the first to admit that “liveability” is a hard word to define.
- A Commodity Price Fall That's Hit US Corn Farmers
February 13 2014 11:00 AM
As corn prices hit a near five-year low, farmers are struggling as their land becomes less valuable.
- Are Myanmar's Real Estate Prices Too High For Domestic Businesses?
February 06 2014 5:56 AM
Businesses that rely on having a prime location may be out of luck in Yangon, Myanmar's commercial center.
- Is Too Much Of China's Wealth In Real Estate?
February 05 2014 11:38 AM
And here's why that may be a very bad idea for the world's second-largest economy.
- Rental-Backed Securities - A Dangerous Financial Innovation?
January 27 2014 1:41 PM
Rep. Mark Takano has called for more oversight of rental-backed securities, a new financial innovation introduced by Blackstone late in 2013.
- Why Japan's Property Market Is Re-emerging
January 23 2014 12:52 PM
The Land of the Rising Sun is becoming the Land of the Rising Real Estate Market.
- How Tall Did City Skylines Grow Last Year? In 25 Facts
January 17 2014 6:26 AM
The United Arab Emirates may have welcomed 10 new skyscrapers in 2013, but another nation completed three times as many.