- US Apartment Construction Hits 25-Year High
August 20 2014 10:51 AM
Apartment construction fuels less economic growth than single-family housing construction.
- Atlantic City's Revel Isn't The Only Casino Down On Its Luck
August 16 2014 2:56 PM
Neither the Revel Casino's ownership nor its "escalator of death" looks to be making any good moves soon in hard-luck Atlantic City.
- Taiwan Suspicious Of Chinese Interest In Local Real Estate: Report
August 13 2014 3:12 AM
Taipei's real estate market, fed by investments from mainland China, has shot up almost 200 percent in the last decade.
- Indian Tycoon Markets New York Plaza Hotel While In New Delhi Jail
August 10 2014 1:56 AM
Indian tycoon Subrata Roy is putting up for sale three deluxe properties to raise $1.6 billion for a bail bond.
- The Reason China Won't Pop Its Housing Bubble
July 31 2014 7:40 PM
Beijing's swift rescue of falling housing prices indicates an addiction to real estate that, ultimately, may threaten long-term economic health.
- Zillow And Trulia Agree To $3.5 Billion Merger
July 28 2014 11:33 AM
A Zillow and Trulia deal is the Grubhub and Seamless deal of the real estate market.
- Venezuela Clears Out The World's Tallest Slum In Caracas
July 24 2014 5:26 PM
Tenants of Caracas’s notorious "Tower of David" vertical slum are being resettled, but nobody knows what's next for the building.
- US New Home Sales Fell 8.1% In June
July 24 2014 10:41 AM
Sales of new homes rose by nearly 20 percent in May.
- Dubai Stocks Plunge On Questions About Country's Largest Public Company
July 21 2014 11:10 AM
One of the Middle East's largest builders accounts for 5 percent of Dubai's stock market.
- Washington Wildfires Largest In State History
July 19 2014 8:44 PM
Four fires ignited Monday have spread across more than 300 square miles.
- Architects Look To Slums As Models For Sustainable Living
July 14 2014 2:30 PM
The word "sustainable" isn't often associated with slums. But planners say densely populated poor neighborhoods could be used as models for green living.
- Citi, U.S. $7 Billion Settlement Announcement Expected Monday
July 13 2014 8:58 PM
Citigroup agreed to pay $7 billion to resolve a U.S. government investigation into shoddy mortgage-backed securities the bank sold in the run-up to the 2008 financial crisis in a settlement set to be announced on Monday, sources said.
- Q&A: A Swiss Real Estate Developer Hopes To Cash In On North Dakota Oil Town's Growth
July 09 2014 10:35 AM
A co-founder of Swiss firm Stropiq is turning his attention from Russian luxury real estate to an oil town in North Dakota, his alma mater state.
- The Mall Of The World In Dubai Will Cover 48 Million Square Feet
July 06 2014 3:56 PM
The Mall of the World will feature the world's largest indoor theme park.
- South Dakota Town Up For Sale For $400,000
June 29 2014 3:24 PM
Swett, S.D., population two, being sold by owner.
- Central Bankers' Report Warns Of Asset Bubble
June 29 2014 12:50 PM
BIS says temptation to put off action to boost economy is folly.
- Helene Pastor's Son-In-Law Charged In Her Shotgun Killing
June 28 2014 5:25 PM
Wojciech Janowski was fired as Poland's honorary consul to Monaco after being charged with the murder of his mother-in-law.
- Are Artificial Lagoons The New ‘Gold Standard’ In Real Estate?
June 24 2014 6:37 PM
In Dubai, artificial lagoons as clear as swimming pools are a step up from the manmade lake, without nature's pesky variations.
- Portuguese Real Estate On The Rise
June 19 2014 11:00 AM
A foreign investment program is attracting capital to Portugal's commercial real estate market.
- China Housing Prices Fell In May For First Time In 2 Years
June 18 2014 10:57 AM
Data follows weak reports on new investment and construction last week.