- Venezuela Clears Out The World's Tallest Slum
July 24 2014 5:26 PM
Tenants of Caracas’s notorious "Tower of David" vertical slum are being resettled, but nobody knows what's next for the building.
- US New Home Sales Fell 8.1% In June
July 24 2014 10:41 AM
Sales of new homes rose by nearly 20 percent in May.
- Dubai Stocks Plunge On Questions About Country's Largest Public Company
July 21 2014 11:10 AM
One of the Middle East's largest builders accounts for 5 percent of Dubai's stock market.
- Washington Wildfires Become Largest In State History
July 19 2014 8:44 PM
Four fires ignited Monday have spread across more than 300 square miles.
- Architects Look To Slums As Models For Sustainable Living
July 14 2014 2:30 PM
The word "sustainable" isn't often associated with slums. But planners say densely populated poor neighborhoods could be used as models for green living.
- Citi, U.S. $7 Billion Settlement Announcement Expected Monday
July 13 2014 8:58 PM
Citigroup agreed to pay $7 billion to resolve a U.S. government investigation into shoddy mortgage-backed securities the bank sold in the run-up to the 2008 financial crisis in a settlement set to be announced on Monday, sources said.
- Q&A: A Swiss Real Estate Developer Hopes To Cash In On North Dakota Oil Town's Growth
July 09 2014 10:35 AM
A co-founder of Swiss firm Stropiq is turning his attention from Russian luxury real estate to an oil town in North Dakota, his alma mater state.
- The Mall Of The World In Dubai Will Cover 48 Million Square Feet
July 06 2014 3:56 PM
The Mall of the World will feature the world's largest indoor theme park.
- South Dakota Town Up For Sale For $400,000
June 29 2014 3:24 PM
Swett, S.D., population two, being sold by owner.
- Central Bankers' Report Warns Of Asset Bubble
June 29 2014 12:50 PM
BIS says temptation to put off action to boost economy is folly.
- Helene Pastor's Son-In-Law Charged In Her Shotgun Killing
June 28 2014 5:25 PM
Wojciech Janowski was fired as Poland's honorary consul to Monaco after being charged with the murder of his mother-in-law.
- Are Artificial Lagoons The New ‘Gold Standard’ In Real Estate?
June 24 2014 6:37 PM
In Dubai, artificial lagoons as clear as swimming pools are a step up from the manmade lake, without nature's pesky variations.
- Portuguese Real Estate On The Rise
June 19 2014 11:00 AM
A foreign investment program is attracting capital to Portugal's commercial real estate market.
- China Housing Prices Fell In May For First Time In 2 Years
June 18 2014 10:57 AM
Data follows weak reports on new investment and construction last week.
- San Diego Fire Spreads North To Carlsbad
May 15 2014 11:15 AM
Video of the fire in Carlsbad, California, shows massive flames dangerously close to several homes.
- 'Scarface' Mansion For Sale: Tour Inside The House In 1983 Movie [PHOTOS]
May 13 2014 5:13 PM
The Santa Barbara, California mansion made infamous in the 1983 movie "Scarface" starring Al Pacino as Tony Montana, is for sale. Tour inside "El Fureidis," which means "tropical paradise."
- How Wood High-Rises Could Save the Planet
April 26 2014 2:03 PM
The hot topic in green-construction circles is high-rises made of "plywood on steroids."
- Citi Still Paying For Its Role In Financial Crisis
April 08 2014 8:19 AM
Further, Citi last year agreed to pay $730 million to resolve claims that it did not reveal its exposure to toxic mortgage assets.
- Welcome To The Jing-Jin-Ji
April 04 2014 4:03 PM
The move to redraw China's boundaries makes as much sense as calling the area between Boston and Washington "Bosington," an expert says.
- Hang In There, US Home Sellers - Spring's Almost Here
March 24 2014 12:05 PM
U.S. home prices will likely increase 4.5-5.0% in 2014, Nomura forecasts, with stronger growth expected in the West and Northeast.