|source: NAR 2008 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers|
- Overall, 21 percent of sellers indicated that what they wanted most from their agent was help pricing their home competitively.
- Other important considerations were help selling the home within a
specific timeframe (20 percent), help finding a buyer (20 percent), and
help marketing to potential buyers (20 percent).
- When the responses are examined by the level of service a seller
wanted, a few interesting differences were observed. Twenty-eight
percent of sellers who requested a limited set of services wanted help
pricing their home competitively. By comparison sellers who relied on
an agent primarily to list their home with a multiple listing service
were most likely to want help selling their home within a specified
- The 2008 Profile of Home Buyers & Sellers is FREE to members and can be downloaded at http://www.realtor.org/prodser.nsf/Research.
- For more research reports and profiles for members to download FREE visit http://www.realtor.org/prodser.nsf/RightTools/ResearchTools?OpenDocument.