The U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s campaign has revoked the Washington Post’s press credentials after the presumptive nominee accused the daily of “incredibly inaccurate coverage” of the election race.

Saying that even though he is “no fan of President Obama,” Trump on Facebook criticized the Washington Post’s headline Monday that he said read, “Donald Trump suggests President Obama was involved with Orlando shooting.”

In an interview with Fox News Channel Monday morning, Trump said that when it came to fighting terrorism, the president “doesn’t get it or, or he gets it better than anybody understands.”

A statement posted by Trump’s campaign said, “We no longer feel compelled to work with a publication which has put its need for ‘clicks’ above journalistic integrity.”

The Post said that the headline was changed shortly to “Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting” about one and a half hour later. While the newspaper acknowledged that the headline cited by Trump was in fact, correct, it said it made the change "on its own, before Trump’s complaint."

A Post photographer and reporter even attended Trump’s speech in New Hampshire Monday afternoon without an issue, according to the Guardian.

The Washington Post Executive Editor Martin Baron said in a statement that Trump’s decision to revoke the paper’s press credentials “is nothing less than a repudiation of the role of a free and independent press. When coverage doesn’t correspond to what the candidate wants it to be, then a news organization is banished.”

Trump’s campaign has previously revoked credentials of other news outlets including the Daily Beast, the Huffington Post, Politico, BuzzFeed and the Des Moines Register. Journalists from across the industry reacted to Trump's decision on Twitter, with some referring to the ban as a badge of honor.