E.L. James is back to work on her highly anticipated movie "Fifty Shades Darker." The film, a sequel to "Fifty Shades of Grey," will continue to tell the love story of Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) and her dominant, BDSM-obsessed boyfriend, Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan). 

On Thursday, James posted a photo to her Instagram page of what appears to be Michael De Luca's office nameplate, writing in the caption, "#working." De Luca and Dana Brunetti produced "Fifty Shades of Grey” alongside James. Both men are expected to return for the second installment. 

It's been rumored for months the film was experiencing delays. Director Sam Taylor-Johnson, who worked on the first movie, previously announced she wasn't going to return for the sequel but said she wished James and the second installment "nothing but success." When "Fifty Shades of Grey" was still filming it was reported that there was tension on set between Taylor-Johnson and James. 

Besides Taylor-Johnson leaving, "Fifty Shades of Grey" also lost its screenwriter, Kelly Marcel. According to Us Weekly, she was replaced by novelist James' husband, Niall Leonard, as the new writer, while "House of Cards" director James Foley has been tapped to direct "Fifty Shades Darker." 

In September, Dakota Johnson opened up about the change of director, saying she was initially scared after Taylor-Johnson left. 

“There was a moment of being afraid because I didn’t know what it was going to be like,” Johnson told Empire. “I had an experience with Sam and then it all went away.”

However, the 26-year-old actress said she's excited to have Foley on board. "I think James is a talented filmmaker," she said. "How often do you get to reconvene with the same people and have a different spin?”

While fans are anxiously waiting for "Fifty Shades Darker," they have been tossing around names they'd like to see in the sequel. One fan favorite contender is Henry Cavill as Jake Hyde, Anastasia's boss. 

Brunetti, however, dismissed the speculation, telling E! Online last month they are "nowhere near casting." He added, "We haven't gotten into anything like that." 

"Fifty Shades Darker" is expected to hit theaters Feb. 10, 2017, followed by a third installment, "Fifty Shades Freed," on Feb. 9, 2018.