It’s the time of year when all the spook-seekers come in from the cold and celebrate the chilling season of Halloween by popping on their favorite horror movie. However, not all fans of the fearsome holiday are able to watch the frightening films without peering through their fingers, which makes it quite possible that viewers have missed out on an important scene -- or even worse, an amazing celebrity cameo.
That’s why we’ve decided to round up 14 of the best horror movie celebrity appearances made by some of the biggest red carpet stars. And who said Hollywood wasn’t scary?
1. Tyra Banks as Nora and Busta Rhymes as Freddie Harris in “Halloween: Resurrection” (2002) -- Smizing didn't save Tyra from getting eliminated in the horror film. The model/actress, who starred alongside Busta Rhymes, was offed by the iconic Halloween villain Michael Meyers during the eighth installment of the “Halloween” film series.
2. Lucy Hale as Sherrie and Shenae Grimes as Trudie in “Scream 4” (2011) -- These two TV darlings made a bloody cameo in the slasher film when they were killed off in a brutal fashion (stabbed through the chest and slit thorough the throat by Ghostface).
3. Kelly Rowland as Kia in “Freddy vs. Jason” (2003) -- The Destiny’s Child singer made her debut as an actress in the horror film crossover. Her character was unexpectedly killed off by Jason seconds after Kia was taunting Freddy about his “Christmas sweater.”
4. Carrie Fisher as “Bianca Burnette” in Scream 3 (2000) -- Before the slasher film starred actresses from “Pretty Little Liars” or “90210,” the franchise featured a cameo from Princess Leia herself as a bitter former actress named Bianca who didn’t get the “Star Wars” lead and who helped Courteney Cox's character get one step closer to solving the case of who Ghostface was.
5. Paul Rudd as Tommy Doyle in “Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers” (1995) -- Rudd made his film debut as Tommy, a returning character from the original “Halloween” film, who saw Michael as a child and ultimately saved the day after beating the villain unconscious with a lead pipe.
6. Fran Drescher as Virginia in “Santa Slays” (2005) -- The “Nanny” actress appeared in the Christmas-themed black comedy horror (along with other famous Jewish actors James Caan, Chris Kattan and Rebecca Gayheart) and was killed in the most original fashion by having her head set on fire and then drowned in eggnog. Guess she must have made Santa’s naughty list.
7. Jennifer Aniston as Tory in “Leprechaun” (1993) -- Before Aniston was portraying the role of a struggling waitress in New York, she was trying to survive the wrath of a very angry Leprechaun in the '90s horror comedy.
8. Seth Green as an uncredited vampire in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” (1992) -- Prior to making his credited debut as Oz on the TV series (where he portrayed the guitar-playing boyfriend of Willow), Green put his horror-acting chops to work when he appeared in the movie as a blood-sucking villain.
9. Mila Kunis as Susie in “Piranha” (1995) -- The “That ’70s Show” star made her acting debut in the horror film about a school of killer fish that make their way to a bustling Lake Resort after mistakenly being released from an Army research facility.
10. Richard Dreyfuss as Matt in “Piranha 3D” (2010) –- Dreyfuss managed to survive a film with a man-eating shark in “Jaws” but didn’t stand a chance when it came to a swirling death pool filled with sharped-tooth fish. Dreyfuss’ character ends up getting ripped apart by the school of piranhas (who appear after a small earthquake occurs, splitting the lake floor his character was fishing in).
11. Chris Pratt as Officer Roman Duda in “Jennifer’s Body” (2009) -- The “Parks and Recreation” actor played a small role in the horror film as an officer dealing with the causalities within the small town of Twin Cities after several residents are found disemboweled. He starred along other Hollywood stars such as Megan Fox, Amanda Seyfried, Adam Brody, J.K. Simmons and Kyle Gallner.
12. Kellan Lutz as Dean in “A Nightmare on Elm Street” (2010) -- Lutz took a break from drinking blood as a vampire in the “Twilight” series to have his own spilled when he portrayed a character that was killed off in the slasher film remake. Lutz met his demise after having his throat slit by Freddy in a dream sequence.