Carrie Underwood is 33! As the "Jesus Takes the Wheel" singer enjoys another birthday on Thursday, it seems like a good time to take a look at all she's accomplished in her career up until this point. Check out some facts you may or may not know about the country singer.
1. "American Idol" Winner — Underwood's career launched when she participated in "American Idol" Season 4 in 2005. The country singer won the approval of judge Simon Cowell who predicted that she would win the competition and go on to become the highest-selling performer on the show. She did win Season 4 and had a successful debut album with "Some Hearts," which was released in November 2005.
2. First Top Single — Following her "American Idol" Season 4 win, Underwood released her first single "Inside Your Heaven." The song shot right up the Billboard Hot 100 chart and debuted at No. 1. She was the first country artist to ever premiere at No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart and the first country singer to reach No. 1 on the chart since Lonestar did it in 2000 with "Amazed."
3. Her First Grammys — In 2007, Underwood took home her first Grammy awards. At the 49th annual ceremony, the "Before He Cheats" singer won best new artist and best female country vocal performance for "Jesus Take the Wheel." Since taking home two Grammys in 2007, Underwood has gone on to win five other Grammys in her career giving her seven total.
4. Acting Career — Aside from making hit songs, Underwood has also taken a crack at acting. She appeared on the sixteenth episode of "How I Met Your Mother" Season 5 in 2010 as a love interest of Ted (Josh Radnor). She also also starred on NBC's live broadcast of "The Sound of Music" in 2013 and had a role in the 2011 film "Soul Surfer."
5. Record Sales — Since her debut album "Some Hearts" in 2005, Underwood has released four records that have gone on to reach platinum status by the Recording Industry Association of America. She has sold over 65 million records around the world and has become the best-selling "American Idol" contestant of all time.
6. Sunday Night Football — Underwood voices NBC's "Sunday Night Football" theme song. She started singing the theme in 2013 and will be doing it for her fourth year in the upcoming NFL season. For the theme song, Underwood records the main version of the track and leaves space for the network to cut and paste in the different teams that are playing each week.
7. Tour — The singer's latest album, "Storyteller," came out in October 2015. After playing a few U.S. shows in January and February to support the new record, Underwood will go back on the road on March 17, starting in Youngstown, Ohio. The "Storyteller Tour: Stories in the Round" tour will run through May 30. You can find a full list of dates and ticket information here.
8. Family — Underwood is married to Nashville Predators center Mike Fisher. They got engaged in December 2009, one year after meeting, and married in July 2010 . The two have one child, one-year-old Isaiah Michael Fisher.