It’s time to celebrate one of America’s favorite actors, Jennifer Aniston. The “Friends” star turns 47 on Thursday, and what better way to celebrate than by getting to know her a little better? Check out a few fun facts about Aniston below:
1. Acting Is In Her Blood – The actress comes from a family of actors. Her father John Aniston is best known as Victor Kiriakis on “Days of Our Lives." Her mother Nancy Dow appeared in a few TV shows in the 1960s like “The Beverly Hillbillies” and “The Wild Wild West.”
2. Healthy Eating – Aniston isn’t one for trendy or crash diets. She keeps her physique by consistently eating healthy foods. “It’s pretty clear: eat as much organic fruits and veggies as you can,” she told Yahoo last month. “Keep sugar [intake] low, drink tons and tons of water, and get good sleep. … I’ll always cut back on some breads if I’m trying to slim down for something special. But I don’t give myself any rules anymore.”
3. She Loves Her “Friends” – Aniston has remained close with her “Friends” co-stars since the show ended in 2004. She had Courteney Cox be her bridesmaid in her August wedding.
4. Fun Wedding Cake – Aniston married Justin Theroux in August, but her cake wasn’t the typical white, tiered dessert. Paparazzi photos show a cake that appears to be a Muppet version of the couple on their big day.
5. Endorsements – As the co-owner of Living Proof, a hair care brand, it isn’t surprising that she is also the spokesperson. However, she has plenty of other endorsement deals too. The star is currently the face of beauty brand Aveeno. She also has endorsed SmartWater since 2007. Her latest deal is for Emirates Airlines.
6. Awards – Her role as Rachel Green on “Friends” wasn’t just loved by the fans. She received a Screen Actors Guild award, a Golden Globe and an Emmy for the role. She also has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
7. She Loves "The Bachelor" – Even a celebrity like Aniston can’t resist the appeal of ABC’s “The Bachelor.” In 2015, she revealed that she was hooked. “Last year, [friends] were saying, 'It's ‘The Bachelor,’ it's premiering tonight! ‘The Bachelor’ is premiering tonight!'” she told the Hollywood Reporter. “And I was like, 'Oh, guys! Seriously? ‘The Bachelor’? That's been on for 15 years or something.' And Justin and I, just for fun, watched — and two hours later, we were addicted. It was like junk food. We were sad when it ended."
8. Philanthropy – Aniston has a long list of charities she supports. She appears in commercials for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. She also made headlines when she donated $500,000 to Doctors Without Borders, Partners in Health and AmeriCares to help Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.
9. Producing – The California-born actress founded Echo Films, a production company, with Kristin Hahn in 2008. Aniston starred in several projects for the company, including “The Switch” and “Cake.”
10. Training – Aniston attended Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. The school was the subject of the 1980 film “Fame.” Aniston started attending just a few years after the movie premiered.
11. She Doesn’t Love Her Birthday – Like many people, Aniston isn’t super excited about being another year older. “Is my birthday happening soon?” she asked People last month. “Oh, that's ridiculous. It's too soon for that. I'm going to pass this year.”