“Heroes Reborn” will be returning to a TV set near you next year when the NBC spinoff airs in 2015. Excited? We are, too – which is why the anticipation for the coming miniseries has caused our browser history to flood with inquires regarding the second installment.
And from our extensive searching, we’ve learned a few tidbits about “Heroes Reborn” to hold us over until the show’s series premiere:
- Tim Kring, creator of the 2006 sci-fi thriller “Heroes,” will be sitting in the director's chair once again when he becomes the showrunner of “Heroes Reborn.”
“We look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy,” Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement.
- The NBC miniseries will feature 13 episodes in its first season.
- Jack Coleman will reprise his role as Noah Bennet in the spinoff series.
“We won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in,” Salke teased fans prior to the announcement of Coleman’s return.
So that leaves us with one last question: Who else from the original cast will be making an appearance in Kring’s second installment?
When news broke that “Heroes Reborn” was given the green light, many of the actors from the original sci-fi series voiced surprise.
“Was watching the Olympics and saw the #HeroesReborn trailer. Time to dust off the sword?” Masi Oka, who played Hiro Nakamura during the four-season long series, wrote on Twitter. The actor received more than 2,000 retweets and favorites alike, which is why he’s number one on our list of characters we’d like to see reprise their role in the 2015 action-packed drama.
1. Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura: Hiro was a computer programmer for his father’s company Yamagato before he evolved into a superhuman with powers that enabled him to bend space and time.
2. Hayden Panettiere as Claire Bennet: Claire was a college student and cheerleader before she adapted her abilities to rapidly heal from any injury. She was also adopted by Noah and his wife, which leaves us to surmise that Panettiere’s character has the greatest potential to resurrect herself once again.
3. Milo Ventimiglia as Peter Petrelli: Peter had the coolest power of all! He was able to absorb and use the abilities of other evolved humans, which made him a pretty large target. Peter is also the one responsible for “saving the cheerleader” (Claire) as Hiro commanded in Season 1.
4. Zachary Quinto as Gabriel Gray a.k.a Sylar: Sylar is a former timepiece restorer who strove to be special. He was used as serial killer when Chandra Suresh discovered his intuitive aptitude, which he later used to figure out how abilities of the evolved humans worked. Out of all the characters, Sylar had the wittiest lines, which is another reason we’d love to see this sassy assassin back on screen.
5. Ali Larter as Niki Sanders – We know, we know… Niki was killed off in “Heroes” from an explosion. But that isn’t stopping us from putting her on our list of characters we would like to see once again. Her storyline was incredible – the head-bashing alter-ego, lasvegasniki.com and of course her love for her son, Micah. It would be great to see how Niki evolved from the last time we saw her.
What character do you want to see appear in the spinoff of “Heroes”? Sound off in the comments section below.