It's been 51 years since the first buffalo wing was sauced and tossed at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. Since then, the food has become a popular staple for Super Bowl parties, with some hosts serving the traditional sauce along with more daring offerings. While we like buffalo chicken wings as much as the next football fan, this year's Super Bowl could be a good opportunity to impress your guests with new flavors. If you invited a large crowd, set up a wing bar with different dipping sauces. If you are hosting a smaller party, make at least two chicken wing recipes to ensure you have something for every guest. Search for inspiration in the spices and tastes of your favorite dishes. And don't forget your vegan friends. Chicken wings don't necessarily have to contain meat if you get a little creative. To get you started, below are 10 easy chicken wing recipes for your 2015 Super Bowl party.
1. Traditional Buffalo Wings: Anything made out of butter and hot sauce is good, so good. This Martha Stewart recipe will please any Super Bowl party traditionalist.
2. Asian Barbeque Chicken Wings: Hoisin sauce, sesame oil and fresh ginger give this recipe an Asian twist. Broiling the wings gives them that necessary crisp texture.
â€” Danielle Padula (@Dpadulafood) January 27, 2015
3. Thai Peanut Butter Spicy Chicken Wings: You can never go wrong with a cilantro and peanut butter combo. These fiery treats come with a tropical pineapple salsa.
— Tantillo Foods (@TantilloFoods) January 27, 2015
4. Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings: Attention cheese lovers, this recipe has two kinds of cheese. That's right, two kinds. We also dig the rosemary and cumin spices.
5. Lemon Pepper Garlic Wings: Garlic paste, pepper, lemon zest and mustard create a unique sauce for this recipe. Don't forget to add fresh basil.
6. Spicy Coconut Curry Wings: Lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, cayenne and cilantro bring these chicken wings to the next level. Coconut milk also makes this recipe stand out.
7. Coca-Cola Glazed Chicken Wings: This glaze can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to three days. But if you eat it all before the game starts, we won't blame you.
8. Vegan Buffalo Wings: Satisfy your animal-friendly cravings with this recipe made from wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, onion powder and poultry seasoning. Dip in vegan ranch sauce and pair with celery and carrot sticks.
9. Brown Sugar Buffalo Wings: Bake your wings and serve them with a red pepper cream sauce. This recipe is perfect for goat cheese lovers.
— KARK 4 News (@KARK4News) January 24, 2015
10. Korean-Style Chicken Wings: Apple juice, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic combine to create juicy chicken. This Serious Eats recipe calls for super crisp chicken skin.