The estranged husband of a missing mother of triplets is accusing police of focusing too much attention on him and not enough effort on locating his wife.

James Clay Waller, a former police officer, is maintaining that he had no role in Jacque Sue Waller's disappearance, and claims that both police and residents in and around Jackson, Missouri have been harassing him since his wife disappeared last month.

It's crazy. I got a helicopter following me every day, police are following me, Waller said Tuesday in an interview with the Southeast Missourian newspaper. I'll tell you what is not happening is that the cops are not searching for my wife.

Clay also said that the witch hunt is preventing him from taking an active role in the search.

Jacque Sue, the mother of 5-year old triplets, was set to finalize her divorce to Clay Waller on June 1, the day she vanished.

Clay is believed to be the last person to see Jacque Sue alive and was labeled a person of interest almost immediately, but he has not yet been named a suspect.

Jacque's parents, however, are convinced their son-in-law is responsible for his wife's disappearance.

During a recent appearance on Good Morning America, Jacque's father Stan Rawson said He tore my family to pieces...I have no doubt in my mind.

Her mother, Ruby Rawson, spoke of her confrontation with her son-in-law in the wake of Jacque's disappearance.

He said 'I didn't do anything, to which Rawson said she replied, yeah, you did and you know you did, because of all the threats you've been saying to her over the last year.

Jacque Waller's abandoned car was found along Interstate 55 in Missouri the morning after she was reported missing. Police believe the scene may have been staged to look like an abduction.

A few weeks later, a woman found a stack of Jacque's business cards along a stretch of highway about eight miles from where her car was initially recovered. Jacque Sue Waller worked as a manager for Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance.

Police are analyzing the business cards for fingerprints and other evidence.

The day Jacque disappeared, she was scheduled to meet her estanged husband at his home to pick up their son. Apparently, their son was not there when she arrived.

Clay Waller said the couple got into an argument and that Jacque left his house on foot. He claims he then left himself, and returned two hours later to find her car gone.

The couple's three children, five-year-old triplets Maddox, Avery and Addison, are in the care of Mrs Waller's sister, Cheryl Brenneke.

It was just his bait to get her to the house so he could kill her, Brenneke said in an interview with

Brenneke said that Clay threatened her sister with harm if she went through with the divorce, and continuously harrassed her.

It was just non-stop calls and texts and showing up at her work every day, Brenneke said.

Jackson Police Chief James Humphreys told that police had found potential evidence in the estranged husband's home. 

He was the last person to see her and be with her, Humphreys said. We suspect foul play -- no question.

Lt. David James of the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department said Clay Waller had been less than cooperative.

Clay's lawyer released a statement on behalf of his client: Mr. Waller misses his wife and hopes she is found okay. He had nothing to do with her disappearance and sympathises with her family. We will not try this case in the media while there is an ongoing investigation.

Clay has since said he believed that his wife may have been abducted off Interstate 55, a theory that does not seem to be supported by police investigating the disappearance.

Clay also claims that his pickup truck has been vandalized by his accusers.

Jacque Waller is is described as 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighing 135 pounds.  Her hair was blonde at the time of her disappearance.

A $3,500 reward is being offered for any information leading to her whereabouts.

Anyone with information should contact the Jackson Police Department at 573-243-3151.