It's Fourth of July Weekend! Families, friends, neighbors, and strangers will celebrate together while basking in the sunshine of the American summer. There will be cook-offs, parties, and trips to the beach/lake/pool. Since you won't be a work, and it's a three day weekend, here's some drink ideas for those who want to get into the mood.
From a Watermelon Wave to a Pina Colada to a Blue Hawaiian, these red, white, and blue drinks are bound to get you and all your friends in the spirit of Independence Day!
Here are some suggestions from About.com:
Short & Stylish:
- Red: Campari Cocktail, Imperial, Clover Club Cocktail, Red Carpet
- White: Martini, Mango Sage Lady, Saketini, Licorice Stick
- Blue: Envy, Sapphire Martini, Very Berry Cosmo, Blue Carnation
Tall & Refreshing:
- Red: Americano, Cape Codder, La Berceuse, Watermelon Wave
- White: Gin & Tonic, Caipirinha, Vodka Collins, Atone-Mint
- Blue: Blue Hawaiian, The Something Blue, Hpnotiq Margarita, Air Force One
- Red: Strawberry Daiquiri, Strawberry Margarita, Hawaiian Margarita, Tamarind Margarita
- White: Pina Colada, Limey Cocktail, Kappa Colada
- Blue: Blue Bayou, Chi-Chi
And don't forget the classic red, white and blue Jell-O shots!
Happy 4th of July America!